It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

l0rdtr3k: *cuddles DD*
I'm fine. On my way to the movies to watch The Force Awakens but could you give me a gift?
I want some hugs on Christmas.
ddickinson: I hope you have a lovely time watching the movie.

I don't see why not. *gives the little Blob a present full of Christmas hugs*
On Christmas I shall hug you a lot too.
*cuddles DD even more*
CarrionCrow: Had to try. I like D&D, I like good D&D games, and some silly part of my brain keeps hoping they manage to not screw up, only to be disappointed when they inevitably do.

Screw it. I'll just wait until the second expansion for Pillars of Eternity comes out, then get my fix that way.
Well maybe there will be a good new D&D game eventually but i guess you'll have to hope for games like PoE or the aforementioned Numenera (not sure if that's the correct name)...
Underrail seems pretty great, might have to add it to my "splurge" list.

I emailed the dev of Bloodlust: Shadowhunter earlier tonight about putting it up on Itch or bringing it here. I owned it once before but got a refund, the save system is awful (one save slot, it constantly autosaves) and convinced me my cash was better spent in the sale in which I bought it. It's actually really solid and fun for what it is (a budget 3D vampire flavored dungeon crawler), it just has an incredibly stupid save system.

This is pretty much exactly what made me get a refund
I defeated a level 6 "dark zombie" and leveled up
It autosaves
I opened the skills menu and read through new skills I could buy
I picked out a skill that sounded interesting but wasn't exactly sure what it did
It autosaves
I discovered the skill was useless (for me)
I was stuck with the skill

I honestly probably wouldn't have sought a refund if there hadn't been a major sale going on, but well...there was!
Post edited December 19, 2015 by NoNewTaleToTell
NoNewTaleToTell:
I can see why you got the refund. That's an incredibly bad save system, pretty much guaranteed to piss off anyone that plays it.

Also looking at Underrail with some interest. Hadn't really heard of it til a few days ago, but at a glance it seems appealing.
Boy have I had a shitty day.
Car problems.
Health problems.
Memory problems.
Work problems.
Computer problems.

I am finally sitting at home, utterly bored.

AND I LIKE IT! :-)
EndreWhiteMane: Boy have I had a shitty day.
Car problems.
Health problems.
Memory problems.
Work problems.
Computer problems.

Sheesh. Sounds like your day managed to hit full-on clusterfuck.

Just sit back and stare at a wall if you feel like it. You've earned it.
Car problems.
Health problems.
Memory problems.
Work problems.
Computer problems.

CarrionCrow: Sheesh. Sounds like your day managed to hit full-on clusterfuck.

Just sit back and stare at a wall if you feel like it. You've earned it.
That's what I get for venturing out into the real world. :-)
Only thing more than really annoying though is my blood pressure is up to 170/90 compared to my usual 110/40. That's kinda scary.
The rest of the stuff was just life seeing if it could make blood spurt out of my ears. :/
EndreWhiteMane: That's what I get for venturing out into the real world. :-)
Only thing more than really annoying though is my blood pressure is up to 170/90 compared to my usual 110/40. That's kinda scary.
The rest of the stuff was just life seeing if it could make blood spurt out of my ears. :/
Yeah...thinking it's going to be a while before those hassles can be removed.

That a result of all the fun you've been having, or just something that wants to go haywire all on its own?

I know those kinds of days. Try to avoid them like the plague they are whenever possible. Life's crazy enough as is without extra shit added onto it.
CarrionCrow: I can see why you got the refund. That's an incredibly bad save system, pretty much guaranteed to piss off anyone that plays it.

Also looking at Underrail with some interest. Hadn't really heard of it til a few days ago, but at a glance it seems appealing.
Yeah, almost game ruining save system. Apparently the dev introduced a respec item you can buy or find, so that kinda makes up for it. He DID include a interesting loading feature though, the ability to load into a safe area, in case you had gotten stuck in an unwinnable area.

Car problems.
Health problems.
Memory problems.
Work problems.
Computer problems.

Oh geez. Hopefully the boredom plays nice!
EndreWhiteMane: That's what I get for venturing out into the real world. :-)
CarrionCrow: Yeah...thinking it's going to be a while before those hassles can be removed.

That a result of all the fun you've been having, or just something that wants to go haywire all on its own?

I know those kinds of days. Try to avoid them like the plague they are whenever possible. Life's crazy enough as is without extra shit added onto it.
No idea why it's that high, I've always had problems with it being too low.
I called the heart doctor for an appointment and they said "After the holidays, how high did you say it was?".
When I told them they said "See you Tuesday"
Shit, just what I need.
Car problems.
Health problems.
Memory problems.
Work problems.
Computer problems.

NoNewTaleToTell: Oh geez. Hopefully the boredom plays nice!
Boredom and sleep seem the safest bets. :-)
Post edited December 19, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
NoNewTaleToTell: Yeah, almost game ruining save system. Apparently the dev introduced a respec item you can buy or find, so that kinda makes up for it. He DID include a interesting loading feature though, the ability to load into a safe area, in case you had gotten stuck in an unwinnable area.
Sounds like they managed to reverse their mistake from "how stupid are you?" to "well, this could still end up sucking".
If they make another game, hopefully they'll start at the more favorable of the two and work from there.
EndreWhiteMane: No idea why it's that high, I've always had problems with it being too low.
I called the heart doctor for an appointment and they said "After the holidays, how high did you say it was?".
When I told them they said "See you Tuesday"
Shit, just what I need.
Okay, that's weird. From too low to too high in that short a span of time. You must've really had a bad day.

Not exactly prone to complimenting doctors, but it's nice to see ones who don't think of some bullshit reason to not do their job. Much better that you can get in before all the holiday whatever pops up and gives people an excuse to not do shit for days.
Post edited December 19, 2015 by CarrionCrow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh7-wAy_8ss
Conversational Free-for-all Thread Song of the Day

COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

Hark the Herald Angels Sing
HAPPY HOLYDAYS !!!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5daQbThsDU
Cowabunga!

Sorry to hear about your blood pressure, Endre.
Maybe some calming music could help just a wee bit at least, hmm...?
I can recommend San Francisco-based SomaFM's Drone Zone channel...

By the way, there's a ... (oh no here I go again advertising... Bill Hicks' ghost is going to come after me...)
ehm... a nice offer through Amazon to get an Audible audiobook: you can choose the first one free if you subsribe to the service.
It will be 1st month free, then some £8 from then on, and you'll earn one audiobook from every month subsribed...
Also there's a tiny secret, if you decide to cancel, they'll offer you another audiobook for free and ask, "Are you sure? Would another freebie help?" :)
For me I got The Colour of Magic from amazon catalogue, and canceled: cost me nothing. Maybe I'll go back... someday... and actually become a long-term subscriber...
Post edited December 19, 2015 by superstande