It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good evening everyone *big hugs and waves*

Just returned from my second to last appointment :)

How are you all doing?
ElTerprise: Good evening everyone *big hugs and waves*

Just returned from my second to last appointment :)

How are you all doing?
Good evening. =)

Can't complain too much here. Glad to hear you're done with work stuff, given that it's about the middle of the night where you are.
EndreWhiteMane: For those still shopping I am finding a LOT of games that are on sale that don't show up on the front page or if you use price=discounted in the catalog.
Only way I can see them is to do a full catalog listing and look for ones marked with a sale price.
Sounds like GOG's setup got broken by them trying to put everything up for sale one last time. Makes things a bit more complicated than they need to be.
Things just pick the worst damn time to break for me. PSU cooling died (4am) and i spent the next half hour patching it up under a small lamp so i don't have to turn the light on and wake my gf up.
That's not even the most annoying part. Our desks are connected so every time i want to remove my computer case from the desk i have to crawl under the desks to unhook everything (we don't use regular computer chairs, we instead use armchairs which make things further annoying when doing something like this).
And now i'm not even sleepy anymore.
good morning!
win10 finally working (more or less...)
still no activity from my dvd drive, ended up uninstalling the whole thing. and now I can't reinstall it, because win10 doesn't see there's a device needing installing :)
Well.. nothing has really changed, I couldn't run dvd discs on win 8.1 either ;)

also after thinking all my game saves were gone, with some help I found them eventually, and back to playing Risen.

Anybody up? ;)
Post edited December 13, 2015 by superstande
superstande: good morning!
win10 finally working (more or less...)
still no activity from my dvd drive, ended up uninstalling the whole thing. and now I can't reinstall it, because win10 doesn't see there's a device needing installing :)
Well.. nothing has really changed, I couldn't run dvd discs on win 8.1 either ;)

also after thinking all my game saves were gone, with some help I found them eventually, and back to playing Risen.

Anybody up? ;)
Good morning. =)

8.1 and 10. What pains in the ass to deal with.
One is the half-fixed/half-broken version of an OS intended for a tablet, the other is the clusterfuck-in-progress concocted to make people appreciate the previous piece of shit more.
If the good people at Microsoft don't spend at least half of all work hours smoking crack, I'll be intensely surprised. During their detox days, they made 95, 98, XP and 7.

Glad to hear you didn't lose your saves during the reload. That's always an extra kick in the balls after having to reformat/reinstall in the first place.
Post edited December 13, 2015 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)

8.1 and 10. What pains in the ass to deal with.
One is the half-fixed/half-broken version of an OS intended for a tablet, the other is the clusterfuck-in-progress concocted to make people appreciate the previous piece of shit more.
If the good people at Microsoft don't spend at least half of all work hours smoking crack, I'll be intensely surprised. During their detox days, they made 95, 98, XP and 7.

Glad to hear you didn't lose your saves during the reload. That's always an extra kick in the balls after having to reformat/reinstall in the first place.
Haha :) sounds about right ;)
not suprisingly the media suite that came with the system says there's an error in registering :) I give up.
Gotta get all my movies digitally then, since windows has decided dvd drives are too complex for their systems :)
but yeah, I'm happy to be having all my game saves.
Hi, gamesters.

Until yesterday afternoon I was doubting I'd get as far as acquiring my free copy of Blackguards, but GOG's ploy worked and I bought a selection of mid-range cheapies for not very much and pushed over the finishing line to the tune of one penny.

But then I got to wondering what Sokobond was like and bought it as my sale closer. Has anyone tried it? I've played the first few puzzles and I can feel myself getting hooked. Wonderfully simple but fiendishly clever, its also about science, so I can kid myself I'm a lot more intelligent than I really am. If you like very clever puzzlers that get you thinking, this stunner is ridiculously cheap at the current price.

Hope the sale's been good to you and you haven't broken the bank....much.
Post edited December 13, 2015 by Stilton
Stilton: But then I got to wondering what Sokobond was like and bought it as my sale closer. Has anyone tried it? I've played the first few puzzles and I can feel myself getting hooked. Wonderfully simple but fiendishly clever, its also about science, so I can kid myself I'm a lot more intelligent than I really am. If you like very clever puzzlers that get you thinking, this stunner is ridiculously cheap at the current price.

Yeah, I've spent an inappropriate amount of time playing that... educational software :-) ... It's a clever little thinking game. Usually quite pleasant, especially with the calming music. I'm pretty stumped after about 78 levels though. I can't think my way out for the moment.
(Thanks to DD for gifting it to me!)

Good morning Stilton, and everyone else :-)
Post edited December 13, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
marvelous mornings to ya Stilton and Agent!
I have a batch of squirrel-provided games, I guess they are good... maybe one more... that blackguards is singing to me like a damn siren... "one more, one more, almost there"
superstande: marvelous mornings to ya Stilton and Agent!
I have a batch of squirrel-provided games, I guess they are good... maybe one more... that blackguards is singing to me like a damn siren... "one more, one more, almost there"
Gud moarneen, Sup!
*Hands over some matches* Glad you could keep your saves, at least.
superstande: marvelous mornings to ya Stilton and Agent!
AgentBirdnest: Gud moarneen, Sup!
*Hands over some matches* Glad you could keep your saves, at least.
*sets fire to my dvd drive*
Burn, evil spawn!

*calms down considerably*
alright. thanks a lot, Agent. Now I'm ready to watch an Asterix cartoon... Someone mentioned it in the Christmas movie thread :)
Good moaning.

Ready for the final stretch?

Oh I just remembered something I saw on the news on Friday...
You know the whole turkey baster idiocy? Well some people are doing so, using raw materials acquired via the internet.

I'd like give these people an anti-Darwin award. Which basically is like a Darwin award, but differs in that their stupidity didn't result in removing themselves off the gene pool but rather a chance to add to it, with what that entails.

The turkey baster was never mentioned but was implied as the instrument of choice.

I bet Crow's gonna love this.
-----
Yarrrr I spy thru me's lookin' glass a scurvy ridden sea dog. How piratey is it? Is th' booty worth it?
Post edited December 13, 2015 by j0ekerr
Stilton: Hi, gamesters.

Until yesterday afternoon I was doubting I'd get as far as acquiring my free copy of Blackguards, but GOG's ploy worked and I bought a selection of mid-range cheapies for not very much and pushed over the finishing line to the tune of one penny.

But then I got to wondering what Sokobond was like and bought it as my sale closer. Has anyone tried it? I've played the first few puzzles and I can feel myself getting hooked. Wonderfully simple but fiendishly clever, its also about science, so I can kid myself I'm a lot more intelligent than I really am. If you like very clever puzzlers that get you thinking, this stunner is ridiculously cheap at the current price.

I see your pillaging has borne fruit and the Gods of Asgard have smiled upon you rewarding your many mighty deeds.

Sokobond is basically a chemistry class made into a game that teaches you about valence electrons and how they bond. It is therefore an edu-kayh-shio-nal game and thus of the devil. KILL IT WITH HOLY FIRE!

Nope, my piggy bank is still in one piece. But Space Quest is looking at it like it were a bunch of bacon strips.
Post edited December 13, 2015 by j0ekerr
j0ekerr: Yarrrr I spy thru me's lookin' glass a scurvy ridden sea dog. How piratey is it? Is th' booty worth it?
Yarr! I be no very trustworthy, but from what's been told over mugs o'grog point to this one being one helluva piratey adventurin'... ;)
Also I own it, bought it full price, but yet to try it...
Post edited December 13, 2015 by superstande