It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: Woke up, spilled coffee everywhere, fulfilled my Secret Satan self-torture obligations by purchasing not only To The Moon but its similarly painful looking sibling A Bird Story (audibly groaning while doing so), now it's typing up a big list of game repeats for the tracker thread. Good times.
Do you not like To the Moon? I have it but have not played it yet. Many people seemed to think it was a great game. I never liked the look of A Bird Story, especially as it is just an hour long. But again, some people really like that game.

Anything from todays sale that catches your eye? Or anything you would recommend?
ddickinson: *return hug*

Is the Witcher a comic as well?

Hello, fine sir!

France and her potato tradition is a little curious, perhaps Owl will share it's origin sometime. Does America have a similar tradition of her own, or is it more of a cultural thing, with families doing what is tradition for their own heritage? But you are right, the English coal and the French potato means I get some lovely roast potatoes to enjoy. :-)
There are some comics but I'm reading the books.
Empress_Owl: It is :) how is yours ? **Big hug**
ddickinson: A few health things at the moment, but other than that I am still doing good. Although, some French lady left me a potato for christmas, which is kind of weird. Over here we tend to leave lumps of coal for naughty children. But it's okay, I can always make some chips from the potato. :-)

*big silly hug*
you mean make fries out of the potato? You british people will never get it, will you? :P *Goes to eat some Chips*

Chips -------> http://www.3ders.org/images2015/pepsico-helps-lead-future-food-innovation-3d-printed-potato-chips-00002.jpg
I own To the Moon and just put A Bird Story in my cart.
I'm going off to pout now.
EndreWhiteMane: I own To the Moon and just put A Bird Story in my cart.
*big hug*

Don't pout. Crow has avian dating games, so he can't judge you by the game you play. :-)
ddickinson: *big hug*

Don't pout. Crow has avian dating games, so he can't judge you by the game you play. :-)
*plays with your hair*
l0rdtr3k: There are some comics but I'm reading the books.
I have the first book, but I have not started reading it yet. I figure I will pick up the others if I like the first one.

Soccorro: you mean make fries out of the potato? You british people will never get it, will you? :P *Goes to eat some Chips*

Chips -------> http://www.3ders.org/images2015/pepsico-helps-lead-future-food-innovation-3d-printed-potato-chips-00002.jpg
Stop kissing up to the Yanks just because of Gabe being American. :-p
ddickinson: So you give them coal and then beat them? I guess that is one way to stop them being naughty. :-)
Usually it's either-or. But really, coal and beatings are so Dickensian, just like Christmas! :)

ddickinson: We use the term French Fries to refer to small thin chips, while regular thick chips are just called chips. If I recall correctly, your chips are what we call crisps. You Americans so do love changing the name of things. Like calling Jam Jelly, and calling Jelly Jello. :-)
Yes, here's a quick translation table:

UK -> US
Crisps -> Chips
Chips -> French Fries
Scones -> Biscuits
Biscuits -> Cookies
Compote -> Jam
Jam -> Jelly
Jelly -> Gelatin

Though we are making some progress. We do have Jams that are proper Jams, along with decent Marmalades. And Scones are served alongside American Biscuits, which are also descended from Hardtack.

However, the UK doesn't get off entirely scot-free either, given their use of the term sausage. :)

ddickinson: We have a malt vinegar based sauce over here that often goes along side ketchup. They don't go together, but usually side by side to give you the choice. I tend to prefer the brown sauce, which goes great with a nice English breakfast. :-)

[url=http://cdn.heinz.co.uk/~/media/HeinzCoUk/Media/Images/Products/Product%20Info%20Images/HER1200594%20hp_sauce_255_g.ashx?w=486&h=356&bc=white]http://cdn.heinz.co.uk/~/media/HeinzCoUk/Media/Images/Products/Product%20Info%20Images/HER1200594%20hp_sauce_255_g.ashx?w=486&h=356&bc=white[/url]

(The name HP stands for House of Parliament (the Palace of Westminster), hence the image on the bottle. It was named that due to the sauce being popular in the Parliament canteen at the time it was first around.)
Brown sauce is nice on potatoes, but not easy to find here. Easier to get things like Hobnobs and Heinz Beans at the moment. We are gradually expanding our international offerings. Not to mention that we have a lovely British pie shop in my neighbourhood (even though it's run by Kiwis).
ddickinson: Do you not like To the Moon? I have it but have not played it yet. Many people seemed to think it was a great game. I never liked the look of A Bird Story, especially as it is just an hour long. But again, some people really like that game.

Anything from todays sale that catches your eye? Or anything you would recommend?
It looks like emotionally manipulative crap with little gameplay. When games attempt the yank on heartstrings maneuver to get a response, it usually succeeds. But what it causes is me yelling for the game to go fuck itself.
And now I have two of those. Hooray.

Would suggest -

Grandia 2 Anniversary
Ronin (if you don't mind combating bugs on the last level)
Stasis
Banner Saga
Rebel Galaxy
Shadowrun Hong Kong (if you don't mind a similar but ultimately inferior experience to Dragonfall)
Outlast
King of Dragon Pass
Victor Vran (if you don't mind the gameplay eventually becoming very, very samey)
Fran Bow
Transistor
Invisible Inc.
Shadow Warrior (very fun game right there)
All three of the Avernum titles
Terra Nova
Unepic
Darksiders 2

ddickinson: *big hug*

That one piece of shit doesn't get to hog all the spotlight of awfulness. I have a number of really bad games.
Post edited December 10, 2015 by CarrionCrow
Looking on Netflix for a cheesy action movie. I want OTP action,explosions everywhere and good gore.
ddickinson: I have the first book, but I have not started reading it yet. I figure I will pick up the others if I like the first one.

Stop kissing up to the Yanks just because of Gabe being American. :-p
Great fantasy books.
No need for that. As long as you don't expect anything with lots of action etc, you'll be fine. I liked them. I just would not call them games, they are more like stories.
ddickinson: So you give them coal and then beat them? I guess that is one way to stop them being naughty. :-)
IAmSinistar: Usually it's either-or. But really, coal and beatings are so Dickensian, just like Christmas! :)

ddickinson: We use the term French Fries to refer to small thin chips, while regular thick chips are just called chips. If I recall correctly, your chips are what we call crisps. You Americans so do love changing the name of things. Like calling Jam Jelly, and calling Jelly Jello. :-)
IAmSinistar: Yes, here's a quick translation table:

UK -> US
Crisps -> Chips
Chips -> French Fries
Scones -> Biscuits
Biscuits -> Cookies
Compote -> Jam
Jam -> Jelly
Jelly -> Gelatin

Though we are making some progress. We do have Jams that are proper Jams, along with decent Marmalades. And Scones are served alongside American Biscuits, which are also descended from Hardtack.

However, the UK doesn't get off entirely scot-free either, given their use of the term sausage. :)

ddickinson: We have a malt vinegar based sauce over here that often goes along side ketchup. They don't go together, but usually side by side to give you the choice. I tend to prefer the brown sauce, which goes great with a nice English breakfast. :-)

[url=http://cdn.heinz.co.uk/~/media/HeinzCoUk/Media/Images/Products/Product%20Info%20Images/HER1200594%20hp_sauce_255_g.ashx?w=486&h=356&bc=white]http://cdn.heinz.co.uk/~/media/HeinzCoUk/Media/Images/Products/Product%20Info%20Images/HER1200594%20hp_sauce_255_g.ashx?w=486&h=356&bc=white[/url]

(The name HP stands for House of Parliament (the Palace of Westminster), hence the image on the bottle. It was named that due to the sauce being popular in the Parliament canteen at the time it was first around.)
IAmSinistar: Brown sauce is nice on potatoes, but not easy to find here. Easier to get things like Hobnobs and Heinz Beans at the moment. We are gradually expanding our international offerings. Not to mention that we have a lovely British pie shop in my neighbourhood (even though it's run by Kiwis).
Those brits! Turning the lovely american language into english!
moonshineshadow: No need for that. As long as you don't expect anything with lots of action etc, you'll be fine. I liked them. I just would not call them games, they are more like stories.
I'm just giving Crow a hard time. I don't like to kill stuff nearly as much as he does. :-)
ddickinson: Stop kissing up to the Yanks just because of Gabe being American. :-p
I think that is one of the words be Germans will probably almost never use as in British English. Because the German word is "Chips" :P
Empress_Owl: It is :) how is yours ? **Big hug**
ddickinson: A few health things at the moment, but other than that I am still doing good. Although, some French lady left me a potato for christmas, which is kind of weird. Over here we tend to leave lumps of coal for naughty children. But it's okay, I can always make some chips from the potato. :-)

*big silly hug*
Lol !! oh yeah I've heard about the coal, too... but as you're naughty I was afraid you use it to draw on your bedroom walls... ;-p
I hope your health things will stop soon... ):-| or they'll get potatos too...