It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just stopped trying to play World of Goo again. If there's an award for the most irritating game on GOG, then this is my nomination.

And there's that wait for new page to appear delay again. Get your heads out of your arses, GOG.
Post edited December 07, 2015 by Stilton
Superfrog cause Rabbit and Crow said so.
Desperados 2 cause somebody said it was like Commandos.
Zork: Grand Inquisitor so now I'm legal.
Unrest cause Crow said so.

All bought and adequately justified. :-)
Edit: Also bought The Juicer and Reveal the Deep on the other store cause they looked cool and were about a buck.
Post edited December 07, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: Superfrog cause Rabbit and Crow said so.

I just bought Superfrog because I already had the HD version for some reason I can't even remember. -laughs-
EndreWhiteMane: Superfrog cause Rabbit and Crow said so.

CarrionCrow: I just bought Superfrog because I already had the HD version for some reason I can't even remember. -laughs-
Superfrog is a lot of fun, the HD version is a pain in the butt.
Stilton: I just stopped trying to play World of Goo again. If there's an award for the most irritating game on GOG, then this is my nomination.

And there's that wait for new page to appear delay again. Get your heads out of your arses, GOG.
I'd throw a vote in for that. I'd also vote for a few others... Sniper Elite, Volgarr the Viking, and FTL.
EndreWhiteMane: Superfrog is a lot of fun, the HD version is a pain in the butt.
Interesting...will have to try them both to see exactly what they managed to break from one version to the other.

Additional - This is insane. I'm up 31 and barely feel like I bought anything. What the hell.

And on that note - anyone have any thoughts on Raven, Pax Imperia and MX vs. ATV?
Post edited December 07, 2015 by CarrionCrow
EndreWhiteMane: Superfrog is a lot of fun, the HD version is a pain in the butt.
CarrionCrow: Interesting...will have to try them both to see exactly what they managed to break from one version to the other.

Additional - This is insane. I'm up 31 and barely feel like I bought anything. What the hell.

And on that note - anyone have any thoughts on Raven, Pax Imperia and MX vs. ATV?
As big as your collection is adding 31 is like throwing a glass of water into the ocean to dilute it. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: As big as your collection is adding 31 is like throwing a glass of water into the ocean to dilute it. :-)
31 is 2.9 percent of my overall library. That's pretty small.
AgentBirdnest: I'd throw a vote in for that. I'd also vote for a few others... Sniper Elite, Volgarr the Viking, and FTL.
Its a shame when you want to enjoy something but the product is too lame in one way or another to allow that to happen. Its a good argument for difficulty (annoyance) levels being applied to this type of game. If you want some easy amusement, great. If you want to gnash your teeth and pull your hair out, great. Personally, I play for fun.

How are you doing. Mr. Ent?
Quick hello and

*Big hugs and waves*

How are you all? I've been totally stressed for weeks now. My wife's current job turns out to be quite schedule-destroying. Lots of her colleagues have been sick and her shifts were constantly changing - meaning I had to change my schedule in turn to have the kids covered and I very often have to take them both in the morning and the afternoon - which means I don't get my working hours done, meaning I work late into the night and even the evenings to compensate... And then the xmas stuff... Xmas parties at work, at my wife's work (twice), in the elder's school, in the kindergarten, and then getting presents for family and friends (also getting harder every year to come up with something nice and original...). And finally it might come to me having to take a new job - probably quite a bit more money but out of town and I would have to buy a car and take driving lessons (I haven't been behind the steering wheel of a car since my driving exam more than 20 years ago...). My head is spinning and I feel burn-out approaching. You've probably been wondering why I wasn't here the last days - now you know.

Sorry, had to let off some steam...
toxicTom: Quick hello and

*Big hugs and waves*

How are you all? I've been totally stressed for weeks now. My wife's current job turns out to be quite schedule-destroying. Lots of her colleagues have been sick and her shifts were constantly changing - meaning I had to change my schedule in turn to have the kids covered and I very often have to take them both in the morning and the afternoon - which means I don't get my working hours done, meaning I work late into the night and even the evenings to compensate... And then the xmas stuff... Xmas parties at work, at my wife's work (twice), in the elder's school, in the kindergarten, and then getting presents for family and friends (also getting harder every year to come up with something nice and original...). And finally it might come to me having to take a new job - probably quite a bit more money but out of town and I would have to buy a car and take driving lessons (I haven't been behind the steering wheel of a car since my driving exam more than 20 years ago...). My head is spinning and I feel burn-out approaching. You've probably been wondering why I wasn't here the last days - now you know.

Sorry, had to let off some steam...
Don't apologise. :-) If it was me I'd probably have left the country and joined the Foreign Legion by now. Have a cigarette, have tipple (but not on the balcony in case it turns into a topple :-0), relax and get your bearings. Deep breath, deep breath...

Nice to see you back. :-)
AgentBirdnest: I'd throw a vote in for that. I'd also vote for a few others... Sniper Elite, Volgarr the Viking, and FTL.
Stilton: Its a shame when you want to enjoy something but the product is too lame in one way or another to allow that to happen. Its a good argument for difficulty (annoyance) levels being applied to this type of game. If you want some easy amusement, great. If you want to gnash your teeth and pull your hair out, great. Personally, I play for fun.

Well, I'd still call FTL enjoyable. It irritates me in the best way possible. Because every time I'm irritated by an untimely death, I say to the game "Oh yeah? We'll see about that! I won't make the same mistake next time." It is genuinely fun for me to play the game over again. It rarely feels repetitive to me.
I have a love/hate relationship with that one. I'd even call it one of my favourite, but also most hated games :-)

Feeling kinda plucked up today. The little mushy guy under the helmet can't decide what it wants today, which gets old rather quickly... Still, it's been more good than bad today.

How 'bout yourself?
AgentBirdnest: ...
Woho! Nice rep! Congrats!

Stilton: Don't apologise. :-) If it was me I'd probably have left the country and joined the Foreign Legion by now. Have a cigarette, have tipple (but not on the balcony in case it turns into a topple :-0), relax and get your bearings. Deep breath, deep breath...

Nice to see you back. :-)
Sounds like a plan. I should be working now, since I had both of the kids today (again). But I don't feel like I can get done much. Tomorrow is xmas event in the kindergarten - with a little play by the kids. Also the heating contractor is coming tomorrow - one of our heaters is leaking water badly, threatening to damage the floor. My wife has extra long shift because the staff of her kindergarten is inspecting the new building they want to move into next year. So she's the one left behind - alone. She'll be so finished when she comes home...

Okay. Smoke and beer now...
Stilton: Its a shame when you want to enjoy something but the product is too lame in one way or another to allow that to happen. Its a good argument for difficulty (annoyance) levels being applied to this type of game. If you want some easy amusement, great. If you want to gnash your teeth and pull your hair out, great. Personally, I play for fun.

AgentBirdnest: Well, I'd still call FTL enjoyable. It irritates me in the best way possible. Because every time I'm irritated by an untimely death, I say to the game "Oh yeah? We'll see about that! I won't make the same mistake next time." It is genuinely fun for me to play the game over again. It rarely feels repetitive to me.
I have a love/hate relationship with that one. I'd even call it one of my favourite, but also most hated games :-)

Feeling kinda plucked up today. The little mushy guy under the helmet can't decide what it wants today, which gets old rather quickly... Still, it's been more good than bad today.

How 'bout yourself?
I agree that some annoying games can also be enjoyable (strange but true), but that goo thing needs strangling.

I'm doing OK. I seem to have hit a run of medical things - I waited two hours today to see a doctor (it was the walk-in clinic - either that or an appointment for 6 Jan earliest) and I need to go back to the hosp for another ultrasound. Minor stuff, I hasten to add, but it could be easily done without. Slowly getting the Christmas prep underway, too. Some present buying, sorting the the place out for the decorating onslaught, mother's birthday in a couple of days...more stuff, stuff and stuff. Life. You know how it goes. :-)
toxicTom: Woho! Nice rep! Congrats!
Thanks.
Indeed, I was wondering about you. Good to hear from you. Hope the stress will start easing up quickly, and things calm down a bit. In the meantime, have some *big hugs*. Bon courage in all that you do. And vent anytime, as long as the steam is DRM-free [/bad joke] :-p