It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: Thinking about list items, going back and forth on Hand of Fate.

It looks like a cool game, but their inability/unwillingness to provide the same stuff here that you get from the rental version is really souring me on the whole thing.
Are you talking about the DLCs?
CarrionCrow: Thinking about list items, going back and forth on Hand of Fate.

It looks like a cool game, but their inability/unwillingness to provide the same stuff here that you get from the rental version is really souring me on the whole thing.
EndreWhiteMane: Are you talking about the DLCs?
Yes, I am. Not big on the idea of waiting months for those to show up here.

Additional - Quick heads-up, Secret Satan deadline for entry is now the 6th. If you feel like harming people with objects that are supposed to be fun, feel free to join in.
Post edited December 05, 2015 by CarrionCrow
I laugh at the Wheel of Fate that is turning right now. 10-15 years ago,studios putted on the adverts that the movie "contains 90% CGI" and now it's the complete opposite with "90% practical effects".
CarrionCrow: That's part of why I avoid almost all relatives.

Collector's edition of a WOW expansion...yep, I'd say you're a big fan, all right. =)
Well, these are the relatives I'm staying with, so there's only so much avoidance possible.

But... but... but... it comes with A PET AND A MOUNT!!!11!!!!!1! Must have. Can't have too many pets and mounts. Especially not when I suddenly have visions of matching my warlock's pet with a matching mount and non-combat pet annnnd the matching epic staff from an older dungeon that dropped for me the other day.

Um. Maybe I'm a little obsessive about pets and mounts and transmogs. >.> <.< (And yes, if they ever offer the option to digitally upgrade older WoW [vanilla and xpacs] to the collector's editions, purely for the cosmetic extras, I would absolutely pay to upgrade all of them.)
My head is getting closer to my desk with every nod.
Time for sleep. See you all tomorrow.
Took some medicine and am able to say Good Morning!
Wow, haven't had fever in a long time... but when it hits, it really hits..

hey, was wondering... is there any drawback efficiency-wise, having lots of games installed...
Like I have over 30 games on my desktop... was wondering if there's any point in uninstalling some :)
superstande: hey, was wondering... is there any drawback efficiency-wise, having lots of games installed...
Like I have over 30 games on my desktop... was wondering if there's any point in uninstalling some :)
Well, less you have installed the chance is bigger that you will actually finish some games. Still it's nice to have a lot of options to start different kind of games all the time and realize that you have to look up those controls again then get bored and try that other game. =)
superstande: Took some medicine and am able to say Good Morning!
Wow, haven't had fever in a long time... but when it hits, it really hits..

hey, was wondering... is there any drawback efficiency-wise, having lots of games installed...
Hi, Soop. :-)

Hope the fever is getting under control more. Not the right time of year to have one. :-(

As for mass games installed, I'm no boffin, but as long as your PC is beast enough to take the load I doubt it matters much. It depends how big the games are collectively to a point with DLC, etc. - the theory being that a 'slimline' installation has less chance to go tits up for some reason or other, and there's an inevitable slowdown with searches and virus scans if you do many of those. I usually find the biggest problem when I have a truck load of stuff installed is the PC starts to take on a life of its own with certain things, and I get pissed off looking for the potential cause and do a reinstallation, after which it feels like an athlete. And there are only so many games I can juggle at any one time, too. The limit seems to be four or five without neglecting any of them. I do like the idea of a ton of things to dive into, though. :-)
Post edited December 05, 2015 by Stilton
superstande: hey, was wondering... is there any drawback efficiency-wise, having lots of games installed...
Antimateria: Well, less you have installed the chance is bigger that you will actually finish some games. Still it's nice to have a lot of options to start different kind of games all the time and realize that you have to look up those controls again then get bored and try that other game. =)
Yeah, there are those problems. Too much to remember takes the fun out of it. I guess that can happen if you have lots of different games going on at the same time.

Stilton: Hi, Soop. :-)

Hope the fever is getting under control more. Not the right time of year to have one. :-(

As for mass games installed, I'm no boffin, but as long as your PC is beast enough to take the load I doubt it matters much. It depends how big the games are collectively to a point with DLC, etc. - the theory being that a 'slimline' installation has less chance to go tits up for some reason or other, and there's an inevitable slowdown with searches and virus scans if you do many of those. I usually find the biggest problem when I have a truck load of stuff installed is the PC starts to take on a life of its own with certain things, and I get pissed off looking for the potential cause and do a reinstallation, after which it feels like an athlete. And there are only so many games I can juggle at any one time, too. The limit seems to be four or five without neglecting any of them. I do like the idea of a ton of things to dive into, though. :-)
Hello, Stiltsky! :P

Thanks for a great explanation!

I might uninstall one or ten games :)
I do have a computer these days that can run Witcher 2 nearly everything turned on, but it might still be useful not to push it too much then, I guess.
Hmm... it might be exactly that like you said, 'slimline' games don't cause too much trouble. I have lots of old school games installed, like Albion, Pool of Radiance such...
Post edited December 05, 2015 by superstande
superstande: Yeah, there are those problems. Too much to remember takes the fun out of it. I guess that can happen if you have lots of different games going on at the same time.
It's always nice to try new things, no matter how many unfinished games you have.
Nothing is ever enough. I need MOAR games installed!!
Stilton: Hi, Soop. :-)

superstande: Hello, Stiltsky! :P

Thanks for a great explanation!

I might uninstall one or ten games :)
I do have a computer these days that can run Witcher 2 nearly everything turned on, but it might still be useful not to push it too much then, I guess.
Hmm... it might be exactly that like you said, 'slimline' games don't cause too much trouble. I have lots of old school games installed, like Albion, Pool of Radiance such...
If you can uninstall 'one or ten' you might want to rethink how many of those you really need to get your hands on. :-)

It always pleases me after a fresh install because I know the machine isn't carrying any fat (it will soon, though) and anything I install and do is likely to work well for some time before the 'hiccups' start, but I'm not a diet obsessive, so piling on the games and programs really isn't a huge problem. How your machine behaves (booting, loading times, etc.) is your best guide, probably. If you're comfortable with it then things are probably OK.

How's that wife of yours? (I'm assuming you only have the one...). :-)
Stilton: If you can uninstall 'one or ten' you might want to rethink how many of those you really need to get your hands on. :-)

It always pleases me after a fresh install because I know the machine isn't carrying any fat (it will soon, though) and anything I install and do is likely to work well for some time before the 'hiccups' start, but I'm not a diet obsessive, so piling on the games and programs really isn't a huge problem. How your machine behaves (booting, loading times, etc.) is your best guide, probably. If you're comfortable with it then things are probably OK.

How's that wife of yours? (I'm assuming you only have the one...). :-)
Yeah, it does take some time to boot, longer than before. Surely quite a lot longer than a Linux Mint I used to have :)
But it's not too bad (yet).

My wife is fine, just some post-operation ache. But she is going to a shopping mall today for christmas shopping so if she can do that... but I'll keep an eye on her for a few weeks... eh... well you know what I mean... not that I otherwise ignore her :)
She says that I left one wife to Asia... So supposedly I have two wives :) There was this .. transvestite that liked me, but the feelings were not mutual unfortunately...
I've got over 130 GOG/Itch.io/other DRM free games installed and around 50 Steam games installed. I...don't know why I have so many installed, I haven't touched half of them I'm sure. At least that explains why I only have around 60 gigabytes free...
superstande: Yeah, it does take some time to boot, longer than before. Surely quite a lot longer than a Linux Mint I used to have :)
But it's not too bad (yet).

My wife is fine, just some post-operation ache. But she is going to a shopping mall today for christmas shopping so if she can do that... but I'll keep an eye on her for a few weeks... eh... well you know what I mean... not that I otherwise ignore her :)
She says that I left one wife to Asia... So supposedly I have two wives :) There was this .. transvestite that liked me, but the feelings were not mutual unfortunately...
Good that she's using the season to get back to where she was before. The pressure of Christmas shopping has a way of focusing the mind. :-) How does the leaving one wife to Asia thing work? Were you out there once? I wonder if transvestitism is only a male to female thing, or if there are female transvestites. Many women wear masculine clothes, so its difficult to work out where the line between one camp and the next lies. It seems like there are more subtleties between gender types than there has been before, and more new types being added to the mix. It can confuse an ageing Viking...
NoNewTaleToTell: I've got over 130 GOG/Itch.io/other DRM free games installed and around 50 Steam games installed. I...don't know why I have so many installed, I haven't touched half of them I'm sure. At least that explains why I only have around 60 gigabytes free...
Wow, your desktop must be a blizzard of shortcuts.
Stilton: Wow, your desktop must be a blizzard of shortcuts.
At one point it was, but I overcame my laziness one cold evening and made a "Games" folder and shoved all the shortcuts there. Now the only thing littering my desktop are the shortcuts to my music creation programs, which isn't too bad.