It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EndreWhiteMane: Hope everyone on the largest thread on the GOG forums is doing well today.
I'm better than yesterday so things are looking up. ;-)
GreenDamsel: The sun is figuratively killing stuff around here atm. I can actually feel my eyes dry out in the shade it's so hot.
Ouch. We had a several days of that and now things are back down to normal, we could use rain though.
Hope your weather moderates very soon.
GreenDamsel: The sun is figuratively killing stuff around here atm. I can actually feel my eyes dry out in the shade it's so hot.
EndreWhiteMane: Ouch. We had a several days of that and now things are back down to normal, we could use rain though.
It's supposed to stay this way for another week. Temperatures are supposed to go up to 40°C and above. That's 105°F+

Plus AC in private buildings isn't as common as in the US. Sooooo at least I am pretty fucked.
Post edited August 05, 2015 by GreenDamsel
EndreWhiteMane: Ouch. We had a several days of that and now things are back down to normal, we could use rain though.
GreenDamsel: It's supposed to stay this way for another week. Temperatures are supposed to go up to 40°C and above. That's 105°F+
Is that at all normal for it to get that hot there? I always thought that weather in Germany was fairly moderate most of the time.
GreenDamsel: It's supposed to stay this way for another week. Temperatures are supposed to go up to 40°C and above. That's 105°F+
EndreWhiteMane: Is that at all normal for it to get that hot there? I always thought that weather in Germany was fairly moderate most of the time.
Well, might be global warming. I think the highest I've ever noticed in 20 years was 37°C. Something's definitely wrong.
And yes, usually we have a really moderate climate: Cloudy, sometimes rainy, sometimes sunny. Really really well balanced. That's why we suffer way more than other's who are used to it.
If you ever visit Germany you even see people buy ice cream when it's 10°C and sunny, just because that might account as a hot day in some parts.

Plus AC in private buildings isn't as common as in the US. Sooooo at least I am pretty fucked.
Sorry to hear!
It got rather warm here in Finland too just recently, but not that hot...
I'd recommend what I did in South East Asia back when I lived there a bit and it got really hot...
Take some cold water and just throw it on your neck and back, if that's possible... Maybe not proper if you are working...
But the cold water really does some miracles and because the water sticks to the back of the shirt, you stay chilly for a bit. Then again you'll have to repeat that and AC is the best thing... Befriend someone who has AC in the car or something :)

superstande: Sorry to hear!
I'd recommend what I did in South East Asia back when I lived there a bit and it got really hot...
Take some cold water and just throw it on your neck and back, if that's possible... Maybe not proper if you are working...
But the cold water really does some miracles and because the water sticks to the back of the shirt, you stay chilly for a bit. Then again you'll have to repeat that and AC is the best thing... Befriend someone who has AC in the car or something :)
I'm already friends with me.^^

And I'm working at home, so atm I'm not really wearing a shirt anyway.
I think I'll just stick to drinking loads of water.
superstande: Sorry to hear!
GreenDamsel: I'm already friends with me.^^

Alrighty then :)
Don't forget salts though... Too much liquids might imbalance the body's salt levels.
I'm not a doctor but well someone told me that and it kinda made sense :)
Post edited August 05, 2015 by superstande
GreenDamsel: I'm already friends with me.^^

superstande: Alrighty then :)
Don't forget salts though... Too much liquids might imbalance the body's salt levels.
I play enough DotA2 and CSGO. I'm pretty salty as is.
superstande: Alrighty then :)
GreenDamsel: I play enough DotA2 and CSGO. I'm pretty salty as is.
That should do it :)
Hey, soon we reach the 2000th page!
*starts arranging a party*
GreenDamsel: I play enough DotA2 and CSGO. I'm pretty salty as is.
superstande: That should do it :)
Yeah, I joined this thread about 1000 pages ago.
superstande: That should do it :)
GreenDamsel: Yeah, I joined this thread about 1000 pages ago.
I hope other people turn up! :)
*goes to the liquor store to make a special order*
Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone. =)

Hopefully you're all doing at least okay today.
CarrionCrow: Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone. =)

Hopefully you're all doing at least okay today.
Hey Crow, I'm OKer than yesterday, which is good.
Anything exciting going on with you?
EndreWhiteMane: Hey Crow, I'm OKer than yesterday, which is good.
Anything exciting going on with you?
Glad to hear it. Hopefully you continue to be more and more okay. ;)

Exciting? That's an infrequent thing. Usually means something's gone catastrophically wrong.

Figure I'll finish off watching the Saw series since I found the last two discs in the ridiculously large pile of DVD's people have been stockpiling, then I should probably get back to actually finishing off some of the games I've got installed.

Got tired of Orcs Must Die's constant run, run, run with no story to it, so it's sitting on the last level, started QUBE and now I've found that it's got wonky as all hell physics puzzles (a fairly cardinal sin in a frigging puzzle game), Victor Vran on hard is a slow crawl I'm trying to not burn out on, and I've got bits of progress in a few other titles but none of them are really drawing my attention.
Think I need to put all the open stuff on hold and go with something different.
Good evening everyone :)

Hope you're all doing atleast ok.