It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BillyMaysFan59: Where'd everyone go???

Bah never mind, gonna go play something......
Still here, just reading at the moment.
Good MorrowNights! (tm)

I've been off-thread while there have been much rejoicing, it seems :)
Damn that horrible entity called Dragonfall, all my extra time has sunk to that hell of a digital nightmare!
But it's so good!
and only three more weeks to Hong Kong!

Alright, I wish Thee Such A Lovely Day Ahead (tm)!
superstande: Good MorrowNights! (tm)

I've been off-thread while there have been much rejoicing, it seems :)
Damn that horrible entity called Dragonfall, all my extra time has sunk to that hell of a digital nightmare!
But it's so good!
and only three more weeks to Hong Kong!

Alright, I wish Thee Such A Lovely Day Ahead (tm)!
Good morning. =)

Yeah, if by "rejoicing", you mean "more and more forum-related nonsense".
Playing a good game like Dragonfall is a far smarter move.

Hopefully you're having a pleasant day.
sigh... lost the energy to play games...... so I'll go to bed!
BillyMaysFan59: sigh... lost the energy to play games...... so I'll go to bed!
Have a good night, sleep well.
A quick hello - and goodbye - before the GOG server heads into the black hole that will be here in 4 minutes and counting (unless I missed a more recent update...)

Not sure when I'll be online again. I wish you all well, and happy gaming.
ZenWan: A quick hello - and goodbye - before the GOG server heads into the black hole that will be here in 4 minutes and counting (unless I missed a more recent update...)

Not sure when I'll be online again. I wish you all well, and happy gaming.
Good morning. =)

Think there's about 50 minutes to go, by what Ciris said. How long it'll take for it all to be back up and running is the question of idle curiosity.

Just got your messages, but it's worth repeating - take care of yourself, hopefully you won't be offline too terribly long.
I hate how the rep system crap is blowing up so hard so that innocent threads get infected with this shit.
I am usually a very carefree person, but don't people dare take my little joys away.
Post edited August 05, 2015 by GreenDamsel
GreenDamsel: I hate how the rep system crap is blowing up so hard so that innocent threads get infected with this shit.
I am usually a very carefree person, but don't people dare take my little joys away.
Would suggest ignoring it unless you're in the mood to be a smartass. If that's the case, look at the person like a toy to play with - have your fun, wind them up, watch them spin around, then throw them away when the novelty wears off. =)

And yes, the entire rep thing is in the process of being talked to death in general.

GOG has a hell of a lot larger issues to take care of for the sake of their company's future, so I'm doubting they're going to pull web people away and poll them on who's got a magic wand stuffed up their ass to instantly make all the changes that some forumgoers are complaining about.
Post edited August 05, 2015 by CarrionCrow
GreenDamsel: I hate how the rep system crap is blowing up so hard so that innocent threads get infected with this shit.
CarrionCrow: Would suggest ignoring it unless you're in the mood to be a smartass. If that's the case, look at the person like a toy to play with - have your fun, wind them up, watch them spin around, then throw them away when the novelty wears off. =)

And yes, the entire rep thing is in the process of being talked to death in general.

GOG has a hell of a lot larger issues to take care of for the sake of their company's future, so I'm doubting they're going to pull web people away and poll them on who's got a magic wand stuffed up their ass to instantly make all the changes that some forumgoers are complaining about.
By now I just want some community moderators. I think there are enough gog zealots that would want to do the job for free and just watch after threads so they don't get derailed.
I liked the TeamLiquid forum for some time, because they had very strict moderators. For example the "post funny images thread" if you didn't post a picture in your post you got an immediate warning and I believe the next time was already a short ban.
It was just cleaner. I believe the forum has gone way too elitist now though, if you ask me why I am here and not there^^
GreenDamsel: By now I just want some community moderators. I think there are enough gog zealots that would want to do the job for free and just watch after threads so they don't get derailed.
I liked the TeamLiquid forum for some time, because they had very strict moderators. For example the "post funny images thread" if you didn't post a picture in your post you got an immediate warning and I believe the next time was already a short ban.
It was just cleaner. I believe the forum has gone way too elitist now though, if you ask me why I am here and not there^^
Have to disagree with that idea.

The same zealots who think it's okay to treat GOG staff like shit and basically insult them all the time for not doing what they want fast enough probably won't have a problem with treating other customers like shit once they get some power in their hands and think that their way is best at all times.

Moderation would be helpful, but it needs to be done by actual GOG employees.
GreenDamsel: By now I just want some community moderators. I think there are enough gog zealots that would want to do the job for free and just watch after threads so they don't get derailed.
CarrionCrow: Have to disagree with that idea.

The same zealots who think it's okay to treat GOG staff like shit and basically insult them all the time for not doing what they want fast enough probably won't have a problem with treating other customers like shit once they get some power in their hands and think that their way is best at all times.

Moderation would be helpful, but it needs to be done by actual GOG employees.
True, but I doubt they can afford to hire staff solely for the community.
What would work otherwise might be to allow thread creators moderate their own threads.
GreenDamsel: True, but I doubt they can afford to hire staff solely for the community.
What would work otherwise might be to allow thread creators moderate their own threads.
I get the feeling that the requirement of moving to Poland has been kicking GOG in the teeth for quite a while now, above and beyond any other logistical problems.

That idea could work in theory, but arguments and feuds would spill over, at which point it'd come down to how power-mad the thread maker is.
GreenDamsel: True, but I doubt they can afford to hire staff solely for the community.
CarrionCrow: I get the feeling that the requirement of moving to Poland has been kicking GOG in the teeth for quite a while now, above and beyond any other logistical problems.

That idea could work in theory, but arguments and feuds would spill over, at which point it'd come down to how power-mad the thread maker is.
What's so bad about Poland?
GreenDamsel: What's so bad about Poland?
Nothing, as far as I know. But if GOG's always understaffed, despite professionals being in the world's workplace, it seems like the relocation is the sticking point.
Thinking of it as someone from the U.S., that means a new country, new culture, new language, new surroundings, new housing, new everything, and leaving behind anything you have here. That's a pretty big series of steps to take for most people.
Post edited August 05, 2015 by CarrionCrow