It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: No need for the thanks, it's nice to do something special for people on their birthday. :-)
Well true....but i'm still grateful about it.
AgentBirdnest: Goodness... Read a few posts, which was definitely a mistake. I prefer to stay in this thread. Seems pretty safe to speak your mind in this thread at least.
And my mind says... I hate YAGEs. Even if it is my best friend. Even if they are polite. Even if I agree with what they are saying. I won't satisfy their need for attention.
What are YAGEs?

Also, good day, Agent! *hugs*
BillyMaysFan59: That'll teach me for speaking my mind....

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogfix_the_rep_or_delete_my_account_now/post140
Don't worry about it.
ddickinson: What are YAGEs?

According to the Urban dictionary it's Yet Another Grand Exit.
Post edited August 04, 2015 by ElTerprise
CarrionCrow: Don't worry about it.
Oh I was never worried about it. I actually had a good laugh.
BillyMaysFan59: That'll teach me for speaking my mind....

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogfix_the_rep_or_delete_my_account_now/post140
Well,I did say Kindly.

YAGE = Yet Another Grand Exit
When somebody quits a forum and tries to make it as big of a deal as possible. Typically they include lots of venting, maybe some insults, and the person is usually back in a few weeks after "quitting". August seems to be a really popular time of year for them. I remember there were quite a lot of "goodbye" threads this time last year.

And, good day, DD :-) *more hugs*
BillyMaysFan59: Please, PLEASE give Endrewhitemane all the +1's you have, folks, for being a pirate gifter.

I have to admit, that's one of the reasons why I'm not feeling very GOGly today.
I believe Debian might be available as a live DVD. You'll want to check it out :) Yes, if you want to really work on your command line skills, go ahead and try Arch. (Remember: the Arch Wiki is your best friend!)

My all-time favorite desktop environment is KDE 4.x if I had to pick a choice, because of all its features, and its vast customization. And yes, KDE Plasma 5 is very buggy from when I tried it, so I will recommend against that at this time. If you're using Arch, KDE 5 is available rather than KDE 4 (remember: bleeding edge software instead of stability!), so I recommend either XFCE or MATE. (I prefer MATE, it's a continuation of GNOME 2.x, which was my favorite desktop environment back in the day)
ElTerprise: Done!

Hmm..will look for it. Well i always have two computers running when i install something ( aving the Wiki available during an install of Arch shouldn't be a problem then)
Yes heard that about KDE (but i also heard that it's quite heavy on resources compared to other desktops) Haven't actually tried MATE and frankly i have no idea of the old GNOME. I remember that we had LInux systems in school but if i'm not mistaken they were running KDE....
Let's see:
Yes Debian has a live version(s).
live.debian.net/
I personally would try Debian first just to work your way into the 'tinkering' a bit more gradually.
I 100% agree on Gnome2 (MATE) or KDE4, or both because they are quite different from one another.
Disclaimer: Though my Certificate says Red Hat on it I've always preferred Debian. :-)
ElTerprise: According to the Urban dictionary it's Yet Another Grand Exit.
Thank you.

AgentBirdnest: And, good day, DD :-) *more hugs*
Good day, Mr Agent!

I hope you have had a lovely day?

AgentBirdnest: YAGE = Yet Another Grand Exit
When somebody quits a forum and tries to make it as big of a deal as possible. Typically they include lots of venting, maybe some insults, and the person is usually back in a few weeks after "quitting". August seems to be a really popular time of year for them. I remember there were quite a lot of "goodbye" threads this time last year.

And, good day, DD :-) *more hugs*
1.Was not here last August.
2.I will not come back if I go.
3.At least have the intestinal fortitude to address it to me.
ddickinson: Good day, Mr Agent!

I hope you have had a lovely day?
Good day, DD.

Indeed, it has been quite lovely. Nothing too special to speak of. Sitting down at the moment, switching between the forum and a game, with some peanut butter in-between ;-)
EndreWhiteMane: Let's see:
live.debian.net/
I personally would try Debian first just to work your way into the 'tinkering' a bit more gradually.
I 100% agree on Gnome2 (MATE) or KDE4, or both because they are quite different from one another.
Disclaimer: Though my Certificate says Red Hat on it I've always preferred Debian. :-)
Thank you.
So basically Debian an then Arch possibibly later. Well i think i should take a look at MATE and KDE4 then :).
ddickinson: Thank you.
You're welcome. I also didn't know that btw...
Post edited August 04, 2015 by ElTerprise
EndreWhiteMane: Let's see:
live.debian.net/
ElTerprise: Thank you.
So basically Debian an then Arch possibibly later. Well i think i should take a look at MATE and KDE4 then :).
Debian is a 'build what you want' distro but it's not quite as down to the 'nuts and bolts' as Arch is.

If you really, really want nuts and bolts look at LFS:
www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs

http://distrowatch.com/
has a LOT of info on the different distros, reading all of it could be a career in itself. :-)
If you go for Debian you should at least consider setting up Arch in a VM or something. Just to be fun ;)
BillyMaysFan59: If you go for Debian you should at least consider setting up Arch in a VM or something. Just to be fun ;)
I agree, you'll either be fascinated, or frightened. :-)