It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EndreWhiteMane: Are you talking about this:
https://www.destinythegame.com/
It's not even released yet. ?
That's the new expansion and the "updated" release that includes the base game plus the other 2 DLC.
EndreWhiteMane: I agree. Crafting is awesome in some games but really doesn't mesh well with the 'action' part.

BTW: Did you buy/try Ziggurat? Think I'm going to grab that one.
I just think of Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal. There was crafting, but it was extremely straightforward.

Go to the guy. Get told what he can make if you get the items. Find the items while looting some of the hardest enemies in the game. Go back. Get your one of a kind awesome item. That's it.

And yes, I did pick that one up. It looks interesting and the price is good.
Post edited August 02, 2015 by CarrionCrow
EndreWhiteMane: Are you talking about this:
https://www.destinythegame.com/
It's not even released yet. ?
l0rdtr3k: That's the new expansion and the "updated" release that includes the base game plus the other 2 DLC.
Ah, gotcha.
CarrionCrow: I just think of Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal. There was crafting, but it was extremely straightforward.

Go to the guy. Get told what he can make if you get the items. Find the items while looting some of the hardest enemies in the game. Go back. Get your one of a kind awesome item. That's it.
Vidya came a long way in terms of crafting systems.
EndreWhiteMane: Ah, gotcha.
If you have a X1 or PS4,even previous generation consoles,I highly recommend it. Great lore and the gunplay is one of the best I've seen in years.
Post edited August 02, 2015 by l0rdtr3k
NoNewTaleToTell: I agree, I would appreciate crafting a lot more if you could personalize (for example) a sword in some way beyond blessing it or giving it a charm etc once you've made it. What's the point in crafting something that you can buy from any merchant?
Beyond just that, I always have to wonder where all the magical items came from.
When it gets into the thousands, you have to think that a frigging army of enchanters spent their time making one slightly improved weapon after another, distributed them all, and every person who got an item was killed, which is why the monster has it.
Course, why monsters with spells and powerful physical attacks are idly carrying inferior human weapons on their bodies is another question...
CarrionCrow: I just think of Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal. There was crafting, but it was extremely straightforward.

l0rdtr3k: Vidya came a long way in terms of crafting systems.
Yes and no. They added complexity, but not memorability. Who's going to remember mashing items together for hours until they got something good, aside from the annoyance of it?

My memory is shit, I haven't played Baldur's Gate 2 in a decade or longer, and I still remember that part of the game, because there was a true challenge attached.

I had to fight fucking dragons for some of those items, and dragons are total assholes in Baldur's Gate 2.
Every fight was a huge confrontation, because I'd get annihilated if I didn't gear up with everything I had.
Post edited August 02, 2015 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: Beyond just that, I always have to wonder where all the magical items came from.
When it gets into the thousands, you have to think that a frigging army of enchanters spent their time making one slightly improved weapon after another, distributed them all, and every person who got an item was killed, which is why the monster has it.
Course, why monsters with spells and powerful physical attacks are idly carrying inferior human weapons on their bodies is another question...
Yes and no. They added complexity, but not memorability. Who's going to remember mashing items together for hours until they got something good, aside from the annoyance of it?

My memory is shit, I haven't played Baldur's Gate 2 in a decade or longer, and I still remember that part of the game, because there was a true challenge attached.

I had to fight fucking dragons for some of those items, and dragons are total assholes in Baldur's Gate 2.
Every fight was a huge confrontation, because I'd get annihilated if I didn't gear up with everything I had.
Sometimes I prefer the old ways where to obtain the "Super Awesome Warhammer of Giggles" you had to go on an epic quest,just to get a single piece that makes the process possible.That's why I love Monster Hunter so much.
CarrionCrow: One of the things I'm noticing that really annoys me about action-RPG's is the tendency towards crafting systems.

I would rather they shove good items at the bottom of massive monster pits, at the bottom of which some huge bastard is actively using the weapons and armor I want to fight me, so I have to torture myself for that moment of clawing the gear out of their dead hands.

That feels like it would be more memorable than fiddling around with my inventory for hours.
cecil: Amen I'll go one further NO SHOPS at all in game if you want it, you go get it yourself. Also no long inventory you find better gear you use it maybe add a catalog of all the armor/weapons acquired but how many people use the bad weapons or whatnot when they get massively better ones?
It depends on what kind of world you've got.
Shops are useful on a basic level, especially since so much of a game experience is tied into buying and selling.
Also, a lot of players' first thought when they hit a new town in an RPG is "Where's the frigging shop!?!?!"
If you try to take that away without putting a LOT of thought into circumventing the trope and making a different, but at least as compelling experience?

You get Final Fantasy 13. And Final Fantasy 13 sucks acres of cancerous donkey testicles.
Not good.
Good Morning! :)
You guys still up?

Dammit, I just lost my energy with Dragonfall and was exhausted by 10.30 p.m.
Then again I'm up and running at 7 a.m. today and launching straight into the Chrome Game :)

Kinda disappointed of Cosmonautica, if it's true that there's some major bugs...
Hope they fix 'em.
Well I got Albion and that should be lotsa fun.

Hope you are finding things enjoyable?

*goes to make a gallon of dark roasted coffee and shrieks after a few minutes:
COFFEEEEEE?!!*
Post edited August 02, 2015 by superstande
cecil: Amen I'll go one further NO SHOPS at all in game if you want it, you go get it yourself. Also no long inventory you find better gear you use it maybe add a catalog of all the armor/weapons acquired but how many people use the bad weapons or whatnot when they get massively better ones?
CarrionCrow: It depends on what kind of world you've got.
Shops are useful on a basic level, especially since so much of a game experience is tied into buying and selling.
Also, a lot of players' first thought when they hit a new town in an RPG is "Where's the frigging shop!?!?!"
If you try to take that away without putting a LOT of thought into circumventing the trope and making a different, but at least as compelling experience?

You get Final Fantasy 13. And Final Fantasy 13 sucks acres of cancerous donkey testicles.
Not good.
I'm thinking borderlands/torchlight allow weapons to even have a leaving system just a thought to reduce clutter and yes if implemented badly it would really suck...
superstande: Good Morning! :)
You guys still up?

Then again I'm up and running at 7 a.m. today and launching straight into the Chrome Game :)

Kinda disappointed of Cosmonautica, if it's true that there's some major bugs...
Hope they fix 'em.

COFFEEEEEE?!!*
Good morning. =)

Oh yeah, still awake here. It's only 9:20 pm locally.

Also got Albion, looking forward to getting into it once I beat a few items I'm in the middle of.

Can't complain here, still playing Victor Vran and trying to avoid any urge to buy more stuff...
Speaking of the urge to buy stuff, is Venetica Gold Edition any good? It's in a Groupees bundle for $1.50 and I'm always on the hunt for more open world games BUT I really don't need to be adding games to my backlog unless it's something I'll probably actually enjoy.
NoNewTaleToTell: Speaking of the urge to buy stuff, is Venetica Gold Edition any good? It's in a Groupees bundle for $1.50 and I'm always on the hunt for more open world games BUT I really don't need to be adding games to my backlog unless it's something I'll probably actually enjoy.
From what I'm reading, it's not really open world. It's being called a cross between an adventure game and a light RPG, since the mechanics on that side of things are really simple.
People are also mentioning bugs, so that might be an issue.
superstande: Good Morning! :)
You guys still up?

Hope they fix 'em.

COFFEEEEEE?!!*
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)

Oh yeah, still awake here. It's only 9:20 pm locally.

Also got Albion, looking forward to getting into it once I beat a few items I'm in the middle of.

Can't complain here, still playing Victor Vran and trying to avoid any urge to buy more stuff...
Ah so it's not even that late over there :)
I gave Albion a test run and it's still looking alright after many years.
Played it a lot long time ago, and it was fun. I think it's a good rpg, but it takes some hours to get the things going.
Not much fighting early on, lots of talking, but I can recommend it, you might like it.

Ah, Dragonfall on hard difficulty. It took me some 3-4 hours to do one run. Maybe over 4 hours... And I died a lot.
Well okay, my main character's still got the same weapon he gets at the beginning of the game, been saving for a really kick-ass one, that might have something to do with it :D
Post edited August 02, 2015 by superstande
Hi akhliber, I noticed, quite by chance, that my response to your post was missing, hungry bear passed by, I guess. I copied it in again - see below. And while I've got you, please pass on a big love to Sarge.

ZenWan: You always inspire me - that someone with all the problems you have can be so cheerful, happy and positive is a source of wonder to me.
Enjoy your sleepless fun - most others would be complaining about the lack of sleep, but never you.

Thank you for the friend request, I accepted with great pleasure. My little circle of 'friends' is growing slowly.
akhliber: That's so nice of you to say, I appreciate that. The concept of me inspiring someone is pretty foreign (I mean hey, I hardly do anything.) ;) Life is an amazing thing. One of the things I appreciate about it the most is how random and out of control our life situations are (place of birth, race, genes, health conditions, quality of life to some degree). It's a roll of the dice, really, and we all have our role to play, and when I look at the majority of the species, I figure I had a pretty damn good roll. :)

I am awful at keeping up with this thread (and worse at the forums in general) but from seeing other conversations happening, I'm guessing you're dealing with some health problems of your own. I hope you're doing alright and that things improve, if this is the case!
<smiling>
You inspire by your attitude, by your ability to remain positive even with all the problems you face, which are huge. You don't even see that you do it, it's just how you are. :-D
If I can find even a fraction of your courage and optimism, I'll do fine.

No health problems, fortunately. My physical health is very good. Slowly losing my mind with all the stress here, but that's another matter. ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No-one on line now, so I'll be on my way.

Hope everyone is well and that life is treating you kindly.

'What have I always believed?
That on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out all right.'
Terry Pratchett

Pretty much what I've always believed, I really hope it's true....
Post edited August 02, 2015 by ZenWan
superstande: Ah so it's not even that late over there :)
I gave Albion a test run and it's still looking alright after many years.
Played it a lot long time ago, and it was fun. I think it's a good rpg, but it takes some hours to get the things going.
Not much fighting early on, lots of talking, but I can recommend it, you might like it.

Ah, Dragonfall on hard difficulty. It took me some 3-4 hours to do one run. Maybe over 4 hours... And I died a lot.
Well okay, my main character's still got the same weapon he gets at the beginning of the game, been saving for a really kick-ass one, that might have something to do with it :D
Figured I would. Never got any other copies to work, but GOG does a good job of getting things running. (Unless the game had glaring technical problems when it came out. Then it takes them a bit to undo the original screwups.)

-laughs- Yeah, you might want to get yourself upgraded gear, especially with you playing it on hard.
Might help with the having to spend hours on one job problem.