It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BillyMaysFan59: Did some good graphical testing on my new ThinkPad W500 with the Thief Gold HD Texture mod.

Unfortunately, native resolution (1900x1200) brings it down to its knees, at a rather choppy framerate. Lower 16:10 resolutions like 1440x900 run a little better, but the framerate bogs down in some areas. At 1024x768 it's nice and smooth.

Of course without the HD mod installed, Thief GOLD ran good at native resolution. Yeah, my hardware is awesome-er than in my old laptop, but shouldn't have expected *that* much out of it I suppose. :P
You're not the only one contending with framerate problems. Just tried to play Batman Arkham Origins, and my crappy integrated graphics can't handle it no matter how much I cut the visuals down.

Have a good night, sleep well. =)
superstande: good morning! :)
today my hangover isn't too bad. on a scale 1 to 10, it's about 3.
watched some NHL gaming last night. not into playing that one, but it's nice to watch someone you know play someone neither knows and get occasionally very serious... multiplayer hmm... maybe I should install galaxy finally.
Any thoughts? :)
Good morning. =)

Glad to hear you're not on the far end of the hangover scale.
One day I'll have to drink enough to finally experience one of those. -laughs-

As for multiplayer, it's something I look forward to trying at some point since I now know people who wouldn't ruin game experiences for me. But I don't have a list of things to play in that category.
Post edited August 01, 2015 by CarrionCrow
BillyMaysFan59: Did some good graphical testing on my new ThinkPad W500 with the Thief Gold HD Texture mod.

Unfortunately, native resolution (1900x1200) brings it down to its knees, at a rather choppy framerate. Lower 16:10 resolutions like 1440x900 run a little better, but the framerate bogs down in some areas. At 1024x768 it's nice and smooth.

Of course without the HD mod installed, Thief GOLD ran good at native resolution. Yeah, my hardware is awesome-er than in my old laptop, but shouldn't have expected *that* much out of it I suppose. :P
uhh... too bad.
But that's HD... it tends to drain even a rather new hardware down, especially in first person games...
If you are into HD resolutions, it's not cheap... I think.

CarrionCrow: You're not the only one contending with framerate problems. Just tried to play Batman Arkham Origins, and my crappy integrated graphics can't handle it no matter how much I cut the visuals down.

Have a good night, sleep well. =)
superstande: good morning! :)
today my hangover isn't too bad. on a scale 1 to 10, it's about 3.
watched some NHL gaming last night. not into playing that one, but it's nice to watch someone you know play someone neither knows and get occasionally very serious... multiplayer hmm... maybe I should install galaxy finally.
Any thoughts? :)
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)

Glad to hear you're not on the far end of the hangover scale.
One day I'll have to drink enough to finally experience one of those. -laughs-

As for multiplayer, it's something I look forward to trying at some point since I now know people who wouldn't ruin game experiences for me. But I don't have a list of things to play in that category.
Good Morning, Crow!
You Americans are probably not having morning yet, unless the Sun has changed its (her?) course last night. Or given birth to baby suns that are now hovering over the States...

Mm, me neither - don't have any games to play that I can think of, multiplayer-wise... I would guess some kind of 2d shooter would be cool, if there was a multiplayer thing. Alien Breed or Metal Slug with 4 people would be cool :)
superstande: Good Morning, Crow!
You Americans are probably not having morning yet, unless the Sun has changed its (her?) course last night. Or given birth to baby suns that are now hovering over the States...

Mm, me neither - don't have any games to play that I can think of, multiplayer-wise... I would guess some kind of 2d shooter would be cool, if there was a multiplayer thing. Alien Breed or Metal Slug with 4 people would be cool :)
You're right, it's hours before morning here. Just try to put the right greetings for the right time zones.
It's weird saying good evening to someone who just woke up.

I've got multiplayer games from Steam, but I can't stand the frigging things. Waiting for Galaxy to be in better shape so multiplayer through that will be a full option.
superstande: Good Morning, Crow!

CarrionCrow: You're right, it's hours before morning here. Just try to put the right greetings for the right time zones.
It's weird saying good evening to someone who just woke up.

I've got multiplayer games from Steam, but I can't stand the frigging things. Waiting for Galaxy to be in better shape so multiplayer through that will be a full option.
Yeah, maybe someone will come up with a globally correct greeting for everyone...
Ah so there are still problems with Galaxy & Multiplayer..?
I'm giving it a test drive at least, can always uninstall it later if I don't like.
Hopefully Gog will get Galaxy sorted soon :)
superstande: Yeah, maybe someone will come up with a globally correct greeting for everyone...
Ah so there are still problems with Galaxy & Multiplayer..?
I'm giving it a test drive at least, can always uninstall it later if I don't like.
Hopefully Gog will get Galaxy sorted soon :)
I've got three. Once I know the time zone, it's not hard.

Well, from what I've heard, some games do have multiplayer.
For me, I just haven't found the right one to play with others yet.

I'm patient when it comes to Galaxy. What GOG's doing is a massive, multi-faceted project.
Figuring it will take them quite a while to get everything laid out as they want it to be, with everything up and running fully at all times.
Good morning / evening @Crow and @superstande - hope you are both well, and that the hangover isn't too bad over there in Finland. These days I only drink wine and not a lot of that, especially not when it's so hot, but I used to drink just about anything and never suffered that much. Just lucky, I guess, and I have a head like iron, a not very useful attribute. ;-)

Baby suns - spare me from that thought. One is bad enough.

Still dark here, but the sun is preparing its onslaught. I could open the door to the outside to let in a fresh breeze, but it would also let in a couple of thousand mosquitoes, as the sliding screen is full of holes.

Mosquitoes absolutely love me. ;-D

Coffee? As always, I have a fresh pot to share..

Editing to say that I have a great addon for Firefox, Foxclocks

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/foxclocks/

that puts a little icon on my browser at the bottom, which I can hover over to see the time anywhere in the world. Wonderful little invention. :-)

Growl. Stupid hyperlinks, keep getting them wrong. I should probably say 'stupid Zen'.
Post edited August 01, 2015 by ZenWan
Good Mornings ZenWan!

Uh, mosquitoes...Maybe you could buy some nasty incense to smoke the whiny buggers out...? ;)
I remember in somewhere South India once staying in a town that was also just owned by mosquitoes...
I remember talking with some local guy, he didn't seem to be bothered by them :)

Thanks for the link..! Hey Zen is never stupid! :p

Uh... testing Galaxy. It says I have 0 games installed... oh so I'd have to install games through Galaxy to play multiplayer... hm.
Post edited August 01, 2015 by superstande
I keep coming to the GOG forums and Steam chats, when I'm feeling left out by my friends in "real life". So...*waves*
Fantasysci5: I keep coming to the GOG forums and Steam chats, when I'm feeling left out by my friends in "real life". So...*waves*
Ah, real life....you mean that thing where the ghosts are the same, only the meat they inhabit is in front of you? -laughs-
I've heard of it. Not much in the way of interest, though.

Also...-waves back- ;)
ZenWan: Good morning / evening @Crow and @superstande - hope you are both well, and that the hangover isn't too bad over there in Finland. These days I only drink wine and not a lot of that, especially not when it's so hot, but I used to drink just about anything and never suffered that much. Just lucky, I guess, and I have a head like iron, a not very useful attribute. ;-)

Baby suns - spare me from that thought. One is bad enough.

Still dark here, but the sun is preparing its onslaught. I could open the door to the outside to let in a fresh breeze, but it would also let in a couple of thousand mosquitoes, as the sliding screen is full of holes.

Mosquitoes absolutely love me. ;-D

Coffee? As always, I have a fresh pot to share..

Editing to say that I have a great addon for Firefox, Foxclocks

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/foxclocks/

that puts a little icon on my browser at the bottom, which I can hover over to see the time anywhere in the world. Wonderful little invention. :-)

Growl. Stupid hyperlinks, keep getting them wrong. I should probably say 'stupid Zen'.
Don't sell yourself short, a head like iron can be very useful. (Unless you get drunk and accidentally put a hole in someone's wall with it. It's officially a mixed blessing at that point.)

No sun, please, whether in large form or small. I'll take having to swallow vitamin pills and packing a skin tone similar to Elmer's glue over that, any day of the week.

Of course they do. Sweaty skin with plenty of blood flow for them to take advantage of. It's like a buffet.
Little bastards.
Fantasysci5: I keep coming to the GOG forums and Steam chats, when I'm feeling left out by my friends in "real life". So...*waves*
*energetic waves*

real life... aka the meat space. I have heard rumours about that. From what I've heard it sounds horrible :p
It is terrible. I have to go out into it to get the money to be able to have a life on the interwebs, but then I come home safe and hole up with my computer and my games and my online communities. :P And on a slightly serious note, I try to make friends but they always seem to leave me out when they do things. Maybe I try too hard. I try to be like "whatever".

So how is everyone? I'd like to try and be a regular up in here! XD
Fantasysci5: It is terrible. I have to go out into it to get the money to be able to have a life on the interwebs, but then I come home safe and hole up with my computer and my games and my online communities. :P And on a slightly serious note, I try to make friends but they always seem to leave me out when they do things. Maybe I try too hard. I try to be like "whatever".

So how's 8th grade? Grades are ok?
Fantasysci5: It is terrible. I have to go out into it to get the money to be able to have a life on the interwebs, but then I come home safe and hole up with my computer and my games and my online communities. :P And on a slightly serious note, I try to make friends but they always seem to leave me out when they do things. Maybe I try too hard. I try to be like "whatever".

Well, at least you try. The effort is commendable, even if it doesn't feel like it's appreciated.

Doing all right here. Slowly driving myself insane by playing the same song on repeat for hours at a time, hands keep going numb, chainsmoking and thinking about grabbing some orange Mountain Dew so I can shake from caffeination for a change of pace. -laughs-

How's your night going? =)
GreenDamsel: So how's 8th grade? Grades are ok?
8th grade sucks, and high school's not exactly a picnic full of wine and roses either.
Part of why I stopped going, right there. ;)
GreenDamsel: So how's 8th grade? Grades are ok?
I'm 25, been out of school awhile. ;) But I feel like I'm getting a C in life...maybe.

CarrionCrow: 8th grade sucks, and high school's not exactly a picnic full of wine and roses either.
Thanks for the kind words. I listen to songs I'm really into for hours on end as well, drives my husband nuts. And yep, I hated high school so much. At least now, it's cool to be geeky. :P