It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZenWan: Hope the Terraria co-op game evening went well and a good time was had by all. I haven't played it yet, no time, but it sounds like a lot of fun, even though I normally don't like platformers.
CarrionCrow:
ZenWan:
I've been curious about Terraria for so long, but I'm pretty bad at playing side-scrolling games with keyboard and mouse. I really need to give it a good go though, as it looks fascinating.
akhliber:
ZenWan: Hi akhliber, thanks for the peaceful music, much appreciated. :-)

Hope you are all three doing well.
I hope you are doing well yourself! I'm having a wonderful late night of headphones and reading, the lady's cold-like yuck seems to be passing, and Sarge seems happier and more loving by the day. It's a joy to witness. :)
Post edited July 30, 2015 by akhliber
ZenWan: Hi everyone, I wouldn't think that a lull of a few hours constitutes the end of the thread, so I won't offer my services as pallbearer. ;-D
Besides, it's too hot.

Hope the Terraria co-op game evening went well and a good time was had by all. I haven't played it yet, no time, but it sounds like a lot of fun, even though I normally don't like platformers.

GOG has released some great games lately - I have one of the early Anno games in a boxed set, but I can't for the life of me remember which one, and they are all packed. I love games like that.
Either way I prefer to own them on GOG as they have usually adjusted for later versions of Windows etc. Torn between that and Albion, but I'll force myself to wait for the sales.

CarrionCrow: Good evening. =)

............... Speaking of, need to wipe out Sleeping Dogs today so I can get back to Victor Vran and the punishment of hard mode. -laughs-

Thinking about it. My internet was too slow previously, fairly certain any streaming I did would've ended up like crap.
But with an upgrade, I need to get back to checking out microphones.
ZenWan: How about a stream of you playing Viktor Vran? It seems such an interesting and exciting game, and I'm sure people would enjoy your comments. Would suggest starting off sober, though. ;-)

Hope you are sleeping well, and that you have a good day when you wake.
Good morning. =)

Thought about that one, but my graphics aren't getting along well with that game when it starts putting tons of monsters on the screen at once. At some point I need to break down and get a decent graphics card already.

How are you doing so far today? (Or tomorrow rather, with time zones and all...)
akhliber: I hope you are doing well yourself! I'm having a wonderful late night of headphones and reading, the lady's cold-like yuck seems to be passing, and Sarge seems happier and more loving by the day. It's a joy to witness. :)
Very glad to hear you sounding so happy, and that all is well in your world. Now if those health problems would just miraculously disappear....

Sleep well, when you sleep. :-)

CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)

Thought about that one, but my graphics aren't getting along well with that game when it starts putting tons of monsters on the screen at once. At some point I need to break down and get a decent graphics card already.

How are you doing so far today? (Or tomorrow rather, with time zones and all...)
Hi Crow, always good to see you.

Pity, but I'm sure another game would also go down well. Your game posts are so entertaining, witty, informative and helpful, that I'm sure a live stream would be enjoyed by many..

I think a decent graphics card would be a good investment, considering how much time and effort you put into your games. Better get some more audiobooks started...

I'm still standing, at least that's something. Just putting one foot in front of the other, trying not to look up at the mountain ahead.

I'll get through this, one way or another.
As I'm fond of quoting - 'Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.'
Post edited July 30, 2015 by ZenWan
akhliber:
ZenWan: Very glad to hear you sounding so happy, and that all is well in your world. Now if those health problems would just miraculously disappear....

Sleep well, when you sleep. :-)
Thanks so much, I appreciate the kind words! Whether or not the health problems improve, I live a pretty charmed life. I do hope though that either my doctors can figure something out or that this mystery illness will eventually work itself out and move on. I'm sure it could find a better host, as I'm really not very interesting. ;)

I'm having doubts that I'll sleep tonight, but that's not a complaint. I usually get around 3-5 hours of sleep a night, but I also usually have at least two nights a week where I just don't sleep at all. Every time I tell someone that, they seem to think it sounds awful. I quite like it, as I have more time to experience life-stuffs, to read and play video games, to write when the mood hits, to breathe and enjoy the crickets, etc. I'm a bit like a four-year-old about sleep for some reason, and getting to stay up all night still feels like some kind of forbidden party. :)
ZenWan: Hi Crow, always good to see you.

Pity, but I'm sure another game would also go down well. Your game posts are so entertaining, witty, informative and helpful, that I'm sure a live stream would be enjoyed by many..

I think a decent graphics card would be a good investment, considering how much time and effort you put into your games. Better get some more audiobooks started...

I'm still standing, at least that's something. Just putting one foot in front of the other, trying not to look up at the mountain ahead.

I'll get through this, one way or another.
As I'm fond of quoting - 'Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.'
That's kind of you to say. But one thing I know from typing my life away for many years is that eloquence at a keyboard does not always translate over to spitting something out verbally.

-laughs- I'd do those regardless to be nice. The person just chooses to pay me back from time to time.
Tried declining previously, but they don't mind and it gets me more games occasionally, so why not.

It sounds like you're doing a lot more than just moving, as if that alone wasn't stressful enough.
akhliber: Thanks so much, I appreciate the kind words! Whether or not the health problems improve, I live a pretty charmed life. I do hope though that either my doctors can figure something out or that this mystery illness will eventually work itself out and move on. I'm sure it could find a better host, as I'm really not very interesting. ;)

I'm having doubts that I'll sleep tonight, but that's not a complaint. I usually get around 3-5 hours of sleep a night, but I also usually have at least two nights a week where I just don't sleep at all. Every time I tell someone that, they seem to think it sounds awful. I quite like it, as I have more time to experience life-stuffs, to read and play video games, to write when the mood hits, to breathe and enjoy the crickets, etc. I'm a bit like a four-year-old about sleep for some reason, and getting to stay up all night still feels like some kind of forbidden party. :)
You always inspire me - that someone with all the problems you have can be so cheerful, happy and positive is a source of wonder to me.
Enjoy your sleepless fun - most others would be complaining about the lack of sleep, but never you.

Thank you for the friend request, I accepted with great pleasure. My little circle of 'friends' is growing slowly.

CarrionCrow: That's kind of you to say. But one thing I know from typing my life away for many years is that eloquence at a keyboard does not always translate over to spitting something out verbally.

-laughs- I'd do those regardless to be nice. The person just chooses to pay me back from time to time.
Tried declining previously, but they don't mind and it gets me more games occasionally, so why not.

It sounds like you're doing a lot more than just moving, as if that alone wasn't stressful enough.
I have great faith in you, and I'm sure you'll work something out, and it will be a huge success. Of course I knew that about the audiobooks, just my little joke. But something will come along so that you can invest in that graphics card, I'm sure.

Perceptive as always. Yes, life has happened to me good and hard. Someone said that the light at the end of the tunnel was a monster wielding a flame-thrower, turns out it was true.
No sense complaining - others have it worse than I do. Just have to treat things as though I'm Crow starting again after dying one more time - get up and have another go. I'm learning a lot from you - and from akhliber and DD and other inspirational people in this thread.

It will be okay.

And - thank you.

Enough - time to walk and enjoy the cliffs, the view, the birds, the sea breezes, and focus on all the blessings in my life.

Take care, sleep well if either of you sleep, otherwise have fun.
Post edited July 30, 2015 by ZenWan
ZenWan: I have great faith in you, and I'm sure you'll work something out, and it will be a huge success. Of course I knew that about the audiobooks, just my little joke. But something will come along so that you can invest in that graphics card, I'm sure.

Perceptive as always. Yes, life has happened to me good and hard. Someone said that the light at the end of the tunnel was a monster wielding a flame-thrower, turns out it was true.
No sense complaining - others have it worse than I do. Just have to treat things as though I'm Crow starting again after dying one more time - get up and have another go. I'm learning a lot from you - and from akhliber and DD and other inspirational people in this thread.

It will be okay.

And - thank you.

Enough - time to walk and enjoy the cliffs, the view, the birds, the sea breezes, and focus on all the blessings in my life.

Take care, sleep well if either of you sleep, otherwise have fun.
Would have already, but I have to get an electrician out here to make sure the wiring is all right.
I know next to nothing about all things electrical, but the last thing I want is to start shorting out connections by putting a massive card in my tower.

Take inspiration from the people dealing with real life issues who are brave and strong enough to do so with a smile on their face. I just play video games.

Hopefully things will turn around, and sooner rather than later.

Enjoy your walk, and have a good day. =)
akhliber:
ZenWan: You always inspire me - that someone with all the problems you have can be so cheerful, happy and positive is a source of wonder to me.
Enjoy your sleepless fun - most others would be complaining about the lack of sleep, but never you.

Thank you for the friend request, I accepted with great pleasure. My little circle of 'friends' is growing slowly.
CarrionCrow:
ZenWan:
That's so nice of you to say, I appreciate that. The concept of me inspiring someone is pretty foreign (I mean hey, I hardly do anything.) ;) Life is an amazing thing. One of the things I appreciate about it the most is how random and out of control our life situations are (place of birth, race, genes, health conditions, quality of life to some degree). It's a roll of the dice, really, and we all have our role to play, and when I look at the majority of the species, I figure I had a pretty damn good roll. :)

I am awful at keeping up with this thread (and worse at the forums in general) but from seeing other conversations happening, I'm guessing you're dealing with some health problems of your own. I hope you're doing alright and that things improve, if this is the case!
ZenWan:
CarrionCrow: That's kind of you to say. But one thing I know from typing my life away for many years is that eloquence at a keyboard does not always translate over to spitting something out verbally.
I relate to this all too well. I consider verbal conversation to be a bit like an RTS, and I much prefer being able to pause and figure sh*t out before I act. When I write, I can read over what I've written and see if it makes any sense whatsoever. When I speak on the fly, there's no telling what kind of nonsensical crap will come out. :)
*good morning hugs and waves*

ZenWan: Hope the Terraria co-op game evening went well and a good time was had by all. I haven't played it yet, no time, but it sounds like a lot of fun, even though I normally don't like platformers.
Yep it was quite fun. And we even got some things done after the zombie desaster in the beginning :D
moonshineshadow: *good morning hugs and waves*

moonshineshadow: Yep it was quite fun. And we even got some things done after the zombie desaster in the beginning :D
Good morning! You're not recording/streaming your Terraria sessions, are you? I need to watch some let's play or how-to videos and dive into that one soon. I've almost played it about twenty times over the past year. ;)
I've decided this morning in a bout of nostalgia I'd rewatch star wars episodes 4-6. The first thing that popped into my head when I woke up. I think it got trigerred by a silly event in last times's D&D session;

And I had a beautifull dream about touring arround on a compact lightweight motorcycle with a cassette player worked into the steering wheel (with the Morrowind ost). Funny thing is I can't actually drive any motorized vehicle, but there were plenty of hilarious encounters.

How are you all doing, it was a little bit quiet yesterday ;)

moonshineshadow: Yep it was quite fun. And we even got some things done after the zombie desaster in the beginning :D
Yes, and who saved you all? :P

The guy who built his magnificent tree house.

Yep it was quite fun. And we even got some things done after the zombie desaster in the beginning :D
akhliber: Good morning! You're not recording/streaming your Terraria sessions, are you? I need to watch some let's play or how-to videos and dive into that one soon. I've almost played it about twenty times over the past year. ;)
I could stream it, should we play again. Got twitch and obs all set up most of the time.
Post edited July 30, 2015 by GreenDamsel
Vnlr: I've decided this morning in a bout of nostalgia I'd rewatch star wars episodes 4-6. The first thing that popped into my head when I woke up. I think it got trigerred by a silly event in last times's D&D session;

And I had a beautifull dream about touring arround on a compact lightweight motorcycle with a cassette player worked into the steering wheel (with the Morrowind ost). Funny thing is I can't actually drive any motorized vehicle, but there were plenty of hilarious encounters.

How are you all doing, it was a little bit quiet yesterday ;)
Hello! I hope you are doing well!
I would think the strangest thing about that dream wasn't that you could drive a motorcycle, but that it had a working cassette player. ;)
akhliber:
GreenDamsel: I could stream it, should we play again. Got twitch and obs all set up most of the time.
*waves*
That would be awesome! Please let me know if you. :)

akhliber: Good morning! You're not recording/streaming your Terraria sessions, are you? I need to watch some let's play or how-to videos and dive into that one soon. I've almost played it about twenty times over the past year. ;)
No I did not recorde anything. And you would have belonged fine with our group, some of us were quite clueless. In the beginning we were all getting massacred by zombies until Damsel came to our rescue and build a house :P

GreenDamsel: Yes, and who saved you all? :P
The guy who built his magnificent tree house.
I was just writing that :D
Post edited July 30, 2015 by moonshineshadow
akhliber:
moonshineshadow: No I did not recorde anything. And you would have belonged fine with our group, some of us were quite clueless. In the beginning we were all getting massacred by zombies until Damsel came to our rescue and build a house :P
GreenDamsel:
moonshineshadow:
Ha, that sounds like the only kind of multiplayer I'd ever consider joining. I've most often avoided it, especially on Steam, as it seems other gamers actually expect me to know how to play games competently, and that is simply too much to ask. A team of folks bumbling around together sounds so much more appealing. :)