It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LaPtiteBete: Good morning Crow !! :)
**Pass Crow a big mug of coffee**
Thank you, kind Owl lady. Still pretty sure I'll be sleeping soon, but coffee's always good.
CarrionCrow: Was distracted by trying to chew through the last piece of a game that's starting to annoy me.
akhliber: What game are you wrapping up?
Sleeping Dogs. It's run out of things to spend money on, all my stuff is maxed out, and I'm not seeing any reason to run around for hours collecting every single thing that's left.
Post edited July 28, 2015 by CarrionCrow
akhliber:
LaPtiteBete: **Pass akhliber a big mug of coffee too**
Very understandable :)
How are you doing ??
Yay! Thanks :) I'm doing pretty well! Eagerly waiting for next month, as my wife and I have a real, actual vacation scheduled (something we haven't done in ages, as I haven't been quite well enough to travel.) We rented a cabin in the mountains for a few days in August for our anniversary, and I can't wait.
Far as today goes, I'm feeling the best kind of sleepy, though it's keeping me from doing anything but sitting here, stretching and making yawn-y sounds along with sleepy Sarge. :)
How about yourself? Having a good day so far?
Post edited July 28, 2015 by akhliber
CarrionCrow: Thank you, kind Owl lady. Still pretty sure I'll be sleeping soon, but coffee's always good.
):-| ...
**Pass Crow a XXL mug of extra-strong black coffee**
akhliber:
CarrionCrow: Sleeping Dogs. It's run out of things to spend money on, all my stuff is maxed out, and I'm not seeing any reason to run around for hours collecting every single thing that's left.
I actually picked that up once when it was really cheap in a sale, but it didn't really catch my interest. I probably didn't give it as much of a chance as I should have, though, I just had a few games I was much more excited about at the time. Did it keep your attention for long, as far as story and gameplay go? I had the same thing happen with GTA IV for some reason, I played for about an hour and just lost interest entirely. I tried going back to GTA IV and it happened again, but for some reason I think I remember Sleeping Dogs seeming like it had more potential (to suit my tastes.) Perhaps I should break it back out once I've knocked a few out of the back log.
LaPtiteBete:
CarrionCrow: Thank you, kind Owl lady. Still pretty sure I'll be sleeping soon, but coffee's always good.
Coffee is a perfectly appropriate drink to have from waking until time for sleep. It's like water that way because it's mostly water. That's what I choose to believe, anyway. ;)
akhliber: Yay! Thanks :) I'm doing pretty well! Eagerly waiting for next month, as my wife and I have a real, actual vacation scheduled (something we haven't done in ages, as I haven't been quite well enough to travel.) We rented a cabin in the mountains for a few days in August for our anniversary, and I can't wait.
Far as today goes, I'm feeling the best kind of sleepy, though it's keeping me from doing anything but sitting here, stretching and making yawn-y sounds along with sleepy Sarge. :)
How about yourself? Having a good day so far?
Ho nice :D I love moutains. This sounds really restful and nice... when will you leave ?
I'll have 3 weeks off startint next Monday (didn't take so many for years !) and spend 5 days at a friend's place (she has plenty of dogs, cats and horses ô__ô), and then a week at the beach... I can't wait either...
How is your little Sarge ? he must have grown up since last time !! :)
So far ? not bad... but I'll have to leave in 20 minutes to eat, then go and work at a customer's place (1,5 hour trip... and a little more to get back home aftfer)... :)
Any plans for you today,apart from your yawning and stretching contest with Sarge ? :D
Moin everyone *big hugs and waves*

How is everyone?
akhliber:
LaPtiteBete: Ho nice :D I love moutains. This sounds really restful and nice... when will you leave ?
I'll have 3 weeks off startint next Monday (didn't take so many for years !) and spend 5 days at a friend's place (she has plenty of dogs, cats and horses ô__ô), and then a week at the beach... I can't wait either...
How is your little Sarge ? he must have grown up since last time !! :)
So far ? not bad... but I'll have to leave in 20 minutes to eat, then go and work at a customer's place (1,5 hour trip... and a little more to get back home aftfer)... :)
Any plans for you today,apart from your yawning and stretching contest with Sarge ? :D
I hope you enjoy your vacation! Three weeks off, that's awesome!
We will leave the 16th of August so that we can be at the cabin and rested for our anniversary on the 17th. We're just staying a few nights, but it should be a great, relaxing break from the norm. :)
Sarge is doing great, though he's just starting to truly teethe, so the chew attacks have gotten quite exciting. Otherwise he is a proper gentleman though, and we've come to love going on walks through the neighborhood together. He's gotten so big so fast, it's crazy.

Plans for today? As if yawning and stretching weren't tiring enough? I suppose I may also do some house cleaning, some reading, some gaming, some more cuddling with the pup. It'll be quite an exciting day!
1.5 hours to travel to a customer? That doesn't sound fun. Unless you've got good music. :)
akhliber: I actually picked that up once when it was really cheap in a sale, but it didn't really catch my interest. I probably didn't give it as much of a chance as I should have, though, I just had a few games I was much more excited about at the time. Did it keep your attention for long, as far as story and gameplay go? I had the same thing happen with GTA IV for some reason, I played for about an hour and just lost interest entirely. I tried going back to GTA IV and it happened again, but for some reason I think I remember Sleeping Dogs seeming like it had more potential (to suit my tastes.) Perhaps I should break it back out once I've knocked a few out of the back log.
The first hour or two of Sleeping Dogs can be really hit and miss, but it really picks up after that, in my opinion. It has the best story of any open world GTA-clone game that I've played, with only The Getaway coming close.

I really should go and get another Ps2 controller so I can replay The Getaway, it's a great game, let down only by occasionally frustrating controls and one mission that I never could beat (thanks in part to the controls).
CarrionCrow: Sleeping Dogs. It's run out of things to spend money on, all my stuff is maxed out, and I'm not seeing any reason to run around for hours collecting every single thing that's left.
akhliber: I actually picked that up once when it was really cheap in a sale, but it didn't really catch my interest. I probably didn't give it as much of a chance as I should have, though, I just had a few games I was much more excited about at the time. Did it keep your attention for long, as far as story and gameplay go? I had the same thing happen with GTA IV for some reason, I played for about an hour and just lost interest entirely. I tried going back to GTA IV and it happened again, but for some reason I think I remember Sleeping Dogs seeming like it had more potential (to suit my tastes.) Perhaps I should break it back out once I've knocked a few out of the back log.
akhliber: Coffee is a perfectly appropriate drink to have from waking until time for sleep. It's like water that way because it's mostly water. That's what I choose to believe, anyway. ;)
It's been holding my attention more or less for a while, but now that everything's maxed out my interest is beginning to wane.
akhliber:
NoNewTaleToTell: The first hour or two of Sleeping Dogs can be really hit and miss, but it really picks up after that, in my opinion. It has the best story of any open world GTA-clone game that I've played, with only The Getaway coming close.
That gives me hope. I'll have to give it another go sometime and push past the first couple hours to see how the game feels after that. I'm not familiar at all with The Getaway, but I'll be looking into it now. :)
LaPtiteBete: And for the predictions... I tried to cheat, as ElT, but I didn't find anything...
Dune 2000 ? or the whole Command and Conqueer series !!! \o/
Well i found something. Looking at the upcoming list, it seems like Kyn is due today :)
akhliber:
CarrionCrow: It's been holding my attention more or less for a while, but now that everything's maxed out my interest is beginning to wane.
I think I get that way with just about any game. I'll spend half the time wishing I had more skills and power, then the final stretch wishing I wasn't so powerful. Good to know it held your interest that long, though, at least! :)
LaPtiteBete:
ElTerprise: Well i found something. Looking at the upcoming list, it seems like Kyn is due today :)
Ooh, I'd almost forgotten! I suppose I've decided how I'm spending at least some of my day. I'm a sucker for games like this.
akhliber: I think I get that way with just about any game. I'll spend half the time wishing I had more skills and power, then the final stretch wishing I wasn't so powerful. Good to know it held your interest that long, though, at least! :)
Well i finished the main story but i couldn't be bothered to collect everything aside from useful upgrades in that game. But that happens in nearly every open world for me. It's the same in GTA and Saints Row...
akhliber: Ooh, I'd almost forgotten! I suppose I've decided how I'm spending at least some of my day. I'm a sucker for games like this.
Yes. It's looks pretty neat. Apparently it's a Role-playing strategy game - whatever that means. It looks a standard ARPG to me. I'm not a friend of the pre-order exclusive content though.
Post edited July 28, 2015 by ElTerprise
akhliber:
ElTerprise: Well i finished the main story but i couldn't be bothered to collect everything aside from useful upgrades in that game. But that happens in nearly every open world for me. It's the same in GTA and Saints Row...
akhliber:
ElTerprise: Yes. It's looks pretty neat. Apparently it's a Role-playing strategy game - whatever that means. It looks a standard ARPG to me. I'm not a friend of the pre-order exclusive content though.
Hearing that it held your attention through the whole story is promising enough. I very rarely play a game enough to get all the upgrades and collectibles and such. I did every thing I possibly could in Pillars of Eternity, I think, and I've found that, now that I'm about to end Act I of The Witcher 3, I've completely redirected my play to discovering secrets and quests on the map, as I don't want to miss any lower level side quests that may get locked out by proceeding with the story. Considering how many hours I've already put into TW3, I'm quite surprised that I care this much about side quests and treasure hunts.

It looks like it's an RPG like Baldur's Gate that plays like an ARPG like Diablo or something... no real time with pause, which is a bit scary for me (I don't handle stress well, so RTS games are usually just too hard/stressful for me... I like being able to pause or take turns so I can think things through. Sometimes I like the excitement of fast paced games, though, and this one just looks fantastic.
akhliber: Hearing that it held your attention through the whole story is promising enough. I very rarely play a game enough to get all the upgrades and collectibles and such. I did every thing I possibly could in Pillars of Eternity, I think, and I've found that, now that I'm about to end Act I of The Witcher 3, I've completely redirected my play to discovering secrets and quests on the map, as I don't want to miss any lower level side quests that may get locked out by proceeding with the story. Considering how many hours I've already put into TW3, I'm quite surprised that I care this much about side quests and treasure hunts.

It looks like it's an RPG like Baldur's Gate that plays like an ARPG like Diablo or something... no real time with pause, which is a bit scary for me (I don't handle stress well, so RTS games are usually just too hard/stressful for me... I like being able to pause or take turns so I can think things through. Sometimes I like the excitement of fast paced games, though, and this one just looks fantastic.
Yes. The story was one of three things i really enjoyed about Sleeping Dogs. Granted it had some contrived moments but overall it was very good imho. Aside from that i really liked the hand-to-hand combat although it took me some time to get into the system and i really think that the setting is a nice contrast to the standard American City game like this are usually set in.
The only game i tried to pick as much side-stuff as possible was Skyrim - mostly because the main quest is nothing to write home about...
That sounds actually pretty promising about Witcher 3.

Yes seems like it. And the Viking-setting is also nice.
Post edited July 28, 2015 by ElTerprise