It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: Good morning.
Wait what? The proprietary ones? Urgh...
I never got them working. They always turned my system into shit every time I tried using them. (They completely broke my Debian system when I upgraded from v7.x to v8.x) Open source drivers, on the other hand, work just about flawlessly. (I don't care as much about performance, since what I mostly play is older games, lol) I've decided to be a coward around the proprietary drivers with my new laptop, thought it'd be easier than having to deal with a broken system again.
EndreWhiteMane: For those of you of the Germanic persuasion:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post9828

Aloha all, hope everyone is having at least a decent day.
Tempted to post in the VV thread again to see just how fast my rep can go down. :-)
Meh.
I only really liked 3 and 5 of the HOMM series
Thanks anyway.
l0rdtr3k: Wanting to havehave some hugs.
LaPtiteBete: **Big tight Monday afternoon hugs** :D ... better ?
BillyMaysFan59: Goooooooooooooood morning

Was thinking of buying Grim Fandango Remastered in the current staff pick, however I don't think my GPU would support it. (And the Linux version requires *gag* the PROPRIETARY Catalyst drivers, and the open source ones aren't supported)

If only the original game was included somehow.... :/
LaPtiteBete: Good afternoon, Billy Mays !! :D
**Big hug**
... õ__ô ... sorry about that... (I only understood that this version wouldn't run on your present computer... which is not fun...) how are you doing, other than that ? :)
*noms Owl*

Tempted to post in the VV thread again to see just how fast my rep can go down. :-)
Hell Endre. Yes knew that already but thanks nonetheless for that information
I'm doing mostly good - what about you?

GreenDamsel: Meh.
I only really liked 3 and 5 of the HOMM series
Thanks anyway.
Maybe the third one will german support some day as well...
LaPtiteBete: ... õ__ô ... sorry about that... (I only understood that this version wouldn't run on your present computer... which is not fun...) how are you doing, other than that ? :)
Can't complain. I can live without Grim Fandango if they aren't going to include the original. I've got other games to play.
BillyMaysFan59: I never got them working. They always turned my system into shit every time I tried using them. (They completely broke my Debian system when I upgraded from v7.x to v8.x) Open source drivers, on the other hand, work just about flawlessly. (I don't care as much about performance, since what I mostly play is older games, lol) I've decided to be a coward around the proprietary drivers with my new laptop, thought it'd be easier than having to deal with a broken system again.
Yes. Same here. The resolution went absolutely crazy the system crashed regularly. Never had problems with the proprierary Nvidias drivers though...

ElTerprise: Hell Endre. Yes knew that already but thanks nonetheless for that information
I'm doing mostly good - what about you?
About an OK- today, so about normal.
Got my air conditioning running properly in time for more hot weather, that's a good thing. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: About an OK- today, so about normal.
Got my air conditioning running properly in time for more hot weather, that's a good thing. :-)
Well good to hear - so you will be getting hot weather again soon?
BillyMaysFan59: Goooooooooooooood morning

Was thinking of buying Grim Fandango Remastered in the current staff pick, however I don't think my GPU would support it. (And the Linux version requires *gag* the PROPRIETARY Catalyst drivers, and the open source ones aren't supported)

If only the original game was included somehow.... :/
It should run fine on your Intel, it's a 4000 or better isn't it?
EndreWhiteMane: About an OK- today, so about normal.
ElTerprise: Well good to hear - so you will be getting hot weather again soon?
They're calling for 30C and high humidity again today so the AC will feel mighty good.
Post edited July 27, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: It should run fine on your Intel, it's a 4000 or better isn't it?
4500MHD. It's an older model, and not as powerful as my discrete ATI GPU. My laptop is from 2008.
EndreWhiteMane: It should run fine on your Intel, it's a 4000 or better isn't it?
They're calling for 30C and high humidity again today so the AC will feel mighty good.
Well in that case a properly working AC is definitely helpful :)
Also my discrete GPU is a Radeon HD 3650. I believe the maximum supported OpenGL version is 3.2, whilst Grim Remastered requires 3.3 or higher.
BillyMaysFan59: Also my discrete GPU is a Radeon HD 3650. I believe the maximum supported OpenGL version is 3.2, whilst Grim Remastered requires 3.3 or higher.
Don't know if this is 100% accurate but it shows the 3650 as supporting 3.3:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units#Mobility_Radeon_HD_3xxx_Series

Edit: Sadly that still leaves the driver issue. :/
Post edited July 27, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Good Morning Bete, how are you? I may get a coffee for me too.
LaPtiteBete: Good morning, XxX !
**Pass a big mug of warm coffee too**
How are you doing ? enjoying your holidays ?
cecil: G'Day mates how be we? hugs and waves to all :-)
LaPtiteBete: Morning, Cecil !!
**Big monday hugs**
How are you doing ? :)
Haha! Thank you! Yes I'm doing good and enjoying my break! How about you?
Nice