It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

moonshineshadow: *extra big return hug* How about we just assume that about each other, that should make us both happy :D
(or if you want to tell me how you are doing that is also fine)
Sounds like a lovely idea :-)
Luckily for me, it is actually the case today. I'll assume it is for you too \o/
*extra happy hug*

Any ideas or random guesses for today's release?
moonshineshadow: *extra big return hug* How about we just assume that about each other, that should make us both happy :D
(or if you want to tell me how you are doing that is also fine)
AgentBirdnest: Sounds like a lovely idea :-)
Luckily for me, it is actually the case today. I'll assume it is for you too \o/
*extra happy hug*

Any ideas or random guesses for today's release?
Great that you are having such a good day *happy hug* Mine is quite ok, just really busy :-)

Hmmm... release today? I am bad at guessing, but I could offer some wishful thinking:
- Day of the Tentacle
- Asghan the Dragonslayer
- Pizza Tycoon
:D
Good day, everyone!

I hope you are all doing great today and are having a lovely day?

*morning hugs and silly waves*

CarrionCrow: ...
Awww. Would it have killed you to lie and pretend it was due to me having super powers. :-)

I was going to ask if that was the game I thought it was, but then I Googled it. I am not sure where I have seen it before, but it was the game I thought it was. Are you enjoying it at least, despite it's difficulty?

I wonder why Relic decided to change the format of DOW so much? Probably to cut corners by using the Company of Heroes engine. I know my brother did not like the upgrade feature for each character. He said it was nice at first, but they don't let you unlock enough points to earn all the upgrades, so you have to be careful what you choose. This is despite DOW 2 letting you continue to fight, you just don't get any more upgrade points. I don't like games like that. I prefer to be able to max the character, but that is just my preference.

I remember you telling me about the Terminators just smashing through things, and when I had a quick play on my brothers computer I noticed that myself. He said that the cover became pretty useless anyway, especially on the later games as you make your character stronger. It was a nice idea for WW2, but I don't think it works with 40K. He said a similar thing to you, that there was no real strategy or tactics involved, especially once your team was quite strong.

I was not a fan of Dark Crusade. I it looked nice, but the whole skirmish maps made to look like a single player campaign was horrible, and from what you tell me it got even worse in Soulstorm. I liked the end mission for each faction, where there was a bit of story and the enemy had a prebuilt base. It was more challenging and more like a regular RTS game.

My brother also told me about the cutscenes on Retribution, and how they were horrible short and often not really that good. Tyranids congratulating you? That sounds so silly. Why the hell would the Hive Mind care about you, you are nothing in the grand scheme of things (and by you I mean the player, not you personally :-)). I guess it's like you said, to praise the silly gamer. But it's not very fitting with the lore. But then neither is the way the Exterminatus was handled. From what I hear you are one one planet when it happens, yet you somehow have time to escape, and then you fight on another planet that had previously suffer an Exterminatus yet people are still there and have been for some time. That is not how an Exterminatus works, it's not just a simple ariel bombardment or cleansing, it renders the planet uninhabitable (generally permanently), and not just to humans but to all life, Xenos included. That is why it is an Exterminatus.

The strange thing is, I would still play them if they came to GOG. I would not pay full price for them (I have heard more than enough to make me think they are not worth the price), I would only get them on a good sale, but I would play them, just to experience it fully for myself

Ixamyakxim: I've actually always wanted to give these games a shot. Now that the Warhammer "seal" is broken, I wonder if they'll end up here - you don't happen to recall their publisher do you?
It would be nice to have them here, especially the first DOW game. It would be even better if it had widescreen support. My disc version does not. The only problem I really had with the very first game was the unit cap, but that can be easily modded to increase the limit. I was about to answer your question about the publisher but I see Crow beat me to it (thank you Crow).
ddickinson: Good day, everyone!

I hope you are all doing great today and are having a lovely day?

*morning hugs and silly waves*
*big welcome hug* How are you today?
moonshineshadow: Great that you are having such a good day *happy hug* Mine is quite ok, just really busy :-)

Hmmm... release today? I am bad at guessing, but I could offer some wishful thinking:
- Day of the Tentacle
- Pizza Tycoon
Good enough... I can be happy with that :-)

I've never even heard of... Shagman the Dragonplacer ... I had to look it up. Looks interesting.

I'm going to go with an unusual guess today... NOLF NOLF NOLF NOLF!! :-D
moonshineshadow: *big welcome hug* How are you today?
Good morning, Moonshine! *big morning hug*

Health wise I am doing quite terrible today, but other than that I am actually doing quite good, very happy today. I think getting the results, even if they were not the best, have cheered me up a bit. Plus being off ill allows me to actually wake up with my partner in the morning and spend some time with her before she goes to work, and I just love that. It makes such a change from me having to leave her asleep and me going to work very early. I normally only get to wake up together on Sundays, and it's nice doing that all week. I know it's only something silly, but that is making my days quite nice at the moment.

How are you? I hope you are doing okay?

*more hugs*

AgentBirdnest: I'm going to go with an unusual guess today... NOLF NOLF NOLF NOLF!! Or I will burn something to the ground! :-D
I fixed that for you. :-)

Good morning, Agent!

I hope you are doing well?
Post edited July 23, 2015 by ddickinson
moonshineshadow: *big welcome hug* How are you today?
ddickinson: Good morning, Moonshine! *big morning hug*

Health wise I am doing quite terrible today, but other than that I am actually doing quite good, very happy today. I think getting the results, even if they were not the best, have cheered me up a bit. Plus being off ill allows me to actually wake up with my partner in the morning and spend some time with her before she goes to work, and I just love that. It makes such a change from me having to leave her asleep and me going to work very early. I normally only get to wake up together on Sundays, and it's nice doing that all week. I know it's only something silly, but that is making my days quite nice at the moment.

How are you? I hope you are doing okay?

*more hugs*
That is not silly, it is really nice, so it is quite normal that it makes you happy *big get well hug*

Doing ok, quite busy :-)
So I just found out that the college that I wanted to go back to has readmitted me (they just emailed me tonight apparently). Sounds good? Nope. It's WAY too late for financial aid and heck, I'm pretty sure it's way too late to even add classes (I would have had to have been on campus no later than yesterday to sign up for classes!). What a mess, a very very discouraging mess.
moonshineshadow: Great that you are having such a good day *happy hug* Mine is quite ok, just really busy :-)

- Day of the Tentacle
- Pizza Tycoon
AgentBirdnest: Good enough... I can be happy with that :-)

I've never even heard of... Shagman the Dragonplacer ... I had to look it up. Looks interesting.

I'm going to go with an unusual guess today... NOLF NOLF NOLF NOLF!! :-D
Yeah it is not a very famous game. But I remember it being quite fun. The problem is that it won't even install on modern systems... same as another game I forgot to mention "Indy Desktop Adventures". That one also can not be installed. Something about having 16bit installers.

I hope someday your wish for NOLF will be fullfilled :-)
moonshineshadow: That is not silly, it is really nice, so it is quite normal that it makes you happy *big get well hug*

Doing ok, quite busy :-)
I have to go back to the doctors on Monday to see how long I have to be off work. They said that due to the amount of damage to the nerves and things that it could take some time, so with me having such a manual job they may make me take longer off. Maybe I can just do the paperwork and less manual stuff and they might let me get back to work sooner.

Glad to hear you are doing okay, even if you are very busy. I hope your work will go okay and that you won't have to take any home.

*lots more hugs*
NoNewTaleToTell: So I just found out that the college that I wanted to go back to has readmitted me (they just emailed me tonight apparently). Sounds good? Nope. It's WAY too late for financial aid and heck, I'm pretty sure it's way too late to even add classes (I would have had to have been on campus no later than yesterday to sign up for classes!). What a mess, a very very discouraging mess.
What a mess o.O I hope you can sort this out *good luck hug*
NoNewTaleToTell: So I just found out that the college that I wanted to go back to has readmitted me (they just emailed me tonight apparently). Sounds good? Nope. It's WAY too late for financial aid and heck, I'm pretty sure it's way too late to even add classes (I would have had to have been on campus no later than yesterday to sign up for classes!). What a mess, a very very discouraging mess.
I am sorry to hear that. Maybe there is still time? I know in the UK they can still make changes even after the start of the academic year for special circumstances, so hopefully that could be the case for you? But I am not too sure how US colleges work.
ddickinson: I am sorry to hear that. Maybe there is still time? I know in the UK they can still make changes even after the start of the academic year for special circumstances, so hopefully that could be the case for you? But I am not too sure how US colleges work.
Maybe, I'll definitely get in touch with them later today but I'm not exactly holding my breath. Considering how long it took them to get back in touch (it took them until literally a day after the deadline for freshmen/readmission class signup), I really would hope that they would find it in their proverbial hearts to be willing to work with me a bit haha.

Hopefully you're not out of commission for long, but take all the time you need to get healed, you wouldn't want to aggravate the injury.

What a mess indeed moonshineshadow, but it'll get worked out one way or the other, even if it means having to wait ANOTHER stinkin' year, ha.
Post edited July 23, 2015 by NoNewTaleToTell
NoNewTaleToTell: Maybe, I'll definitely get in touch with them later today but I'm not exactly holding my breath. Considering how long it took them to get back in touch (it took them until literally a day after the deadline for freshmen/readmission class signup), I really would hope that they would find it in their proverbial hearts to be willing to work with me a bit haha.

Hopefully you're not out of commission for long, but take all the time you need to get healed, you wouldn't want to aggravate the injury.

What a mess indeed moonshineshadow, but it'll get worked out one way or the other, even if it means having to wait ANOTHER stinkin' year, ha.
I hope they can help, especially as they contacted you after the deadlines. When does the next academic year start for you in the US? I assume that like the UK they set deadlines for admission due to the amount of paperwork, but hopefully they can make exceptions if the academic year has not started yet. What are you studying, if I may ask?

Thank you. I am quite an active person, and don't really like being ill and stuck at home unable to do things. But there is little I can do about that so I will just rest and hopefully I will be back on my feet in no time.

I hope you will not have to wait another year to get your course sorted.
Hello all :) Rolls though with drink and food service waiving and smiling.