It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EndreWhiteMane: snip
I just thought I'd pop in and say, while looking for something new to play I decided (largely because it was only like 54MB or something to download and I thought at least it would be quick to download and install) to try Colonization (gifted to me awhile back by Endre).

And despite the dated graphics, and aged controls I've not been able to stop playing it for the last week. Civilizations doesn't have a patch on this. I love the balancing of resources and population, trying to build up settlements while also generating trade goods and weapons to defend yourself. I must have restarted about six times already to try and get things right. I was doing quite well at one point before I started a war with the English, not realising that despite my fortified towns I had no soldiers or guns and no hope of winning...

But this time I started off aggressively, I believe I wiped the Spanish out from the off by sending my starting soldier to raid their first two colonies (capturing them for myself in the process) and when I got attacked by Indians it was a blessing in disguise as when the English came to start a war I actually had weapons and soldiers this time and beat them back. My colonies are now thriving and I rule most of South America (hopefully soon to be all).
In short, thanks for the game Endre, I never realised quite how much fun it would be :)

Anyway, how is everyone?
I am trying to find a friend.
moonshineshadow: Consoles can be great. I have our family WiiU at the moment and love it :D
Is tthere a big difference with the classical "Wii" (I have this one)... ?
Which games are you playing ? :D
adaliabooks: Anyway, how is everyone?
Good evening Adalia :).
Doing good here - what about you?
moonshineshadow: Consoles can be great. I have our family WiiU at the moment and love it :D
LaPtiteBete: Is tthere a big difference with the classical "Wii" (I have this one)... ?
Which games are you playing ? :D
The WiiU has this new gamepad for controlling, it can be quite useful. As for games, we have several and I change depending on what I feel like (Mario / Rayman / Donkey Kong / Zelda).
And if I want to cheer up, I play Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past. I got this from Nintendo Club points for free and it is just so nostalgic and great :D

*welcome wave* Doing ok and you?
Post edited July 21, 2015 by moonshineshadow
LaPtiteBete: Ho... I can see it now. õ__ô ... GOG hates me.
Buying it twice ?... ô__ô ... good grief. But if you buy it here on GOG, you support both GOG and the developpers ? (even if they don't get as much money for a game bought on GOG... ?) is there a big difference ?...
But I like when you blabb...whatever, about interesting games ... I discover things I had missed :D
I agree... I'm also a PC gamer, even if I had some cosoles I hardly ever play (except from handle ones) :)
I think the usual split is 70/30. It'll just bug me if I buy it direct and it still shows as unpurchased here.

-laughs- Careful what you wish for on that one. A few dozen walls of text later and you'll be wishing I'd just shut up. ;)
Hey Adalia :)
Hope you're doing well ?...
That makes me want to play Civilization too... !!! :D thanks for the review...
ElTerprise: Good evening Adalia :).
Doing good here - what about you?
Hey EIT, not bad at all. Just torn between doing creative things and getting back into Colonization for the rest of the night...

moonshineshadow: The WiiU has this new gamepad for controlling, it can be quite useful. As for games, we have several and I change depending on what I feel like (Mario / Rayman / Donkey Kong / Zelda).
And if I want to cheer up, I play Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past. I got this from Nintendo Club points for free and it is just so nostalgic and great :D

moonshineshadow: *welcome wave* Doing ok and you?
Hey, see above ;)

Link to the Past is probably my favourite game ever (or close anyway). Just replayed and finished Link's Awakening on my 3DS (also received for free with Nintendo Club points) and it was as good as I remembered.
I've still got Wind Waker on Wii U to play through (I think I was at the second dungeon before I discovered GoG properly and got back into PC gaming)
lordalacrity: I am trying to find a friend.
Well, good luck !!! :)
EndreWhiteMane: snip
adaliabooks: I just thought I'd pop in and say, while looking for something new to play I decided (largely because it was only like 54MB or something to download and I thought at least it would be quick to download and install) to try Colonization (gifted to me awhile back by Endre).

And despite the dated graphics, and aged controls I've not been able to stop playing it for the last week. Civilizations doesn't have a patch on this. I love the balancing of resources and population, trying to build up settlements while also generating trade goods and weapons to defend yourself. I must have restarted about six times already to try and get things right. I was doing quite well at one point before I started a war with the English, not realising that despite my fortified towns I had no soldiers or guns and no hope of winning...

But this time I started off aggressively, I believe I wiped the Spanish out from the off by sending my starting soldier to raid their first two colonies (capturing them for myself in the process) and when I got attacked by Indians it was a blessing in disguise as when the English came to start a war I actually had weapons and soldiers this time and beat them back. My colonies are now thriving and I rule most of South America (hopefully soon to be all).
In short, thanks for the game Endre, I never realised quite how much fun it would be :)

Anyway, how is everyone?
Good evening. =)

Glad to see you're doing well and enjoying some games.
moonshineshadow: The WiiU has this new gamepad for controlling, it can be quite useful. As for games, we have several and I change depending on what I feel like (Mario / Rayman / Donkey Kong / Zelda).
Ho great... I played a little of Zelda : Link's Awakening on my old Game Boy a few days ago... :)
**nostalgic hug**
AgentBirdnest: Evenoon, everyone...

Has anyone played Door Kickers? (Sorry if anyone has answered this already.)
Good afternoon. =)

When in doubt, just say, "can't complain". It's a useful go-to phrase for when you're not up to describing what might be happening.
LaPtiteBete: Hey Adalia :)
Hope you're doing well ?...
That makes me want to play Civilization too... !!! :D thanks for the review...
I wish they'd bring the old ones here (I think it was 3 I used to play), I have Civ 5 on Steam but it's not really very good... I have a port of 4 for my DS which was great, and 5 doesn't even live up to that..
But Colonization is brilliant, it's just very subtly different and I'm loving it. Of course it wants to make me revisit my plans to make a 4X grand strategy game instead of getting on with other creative projects I had decided to pursue... :/
CarrionCrow: Good evening. =)

Glad to see you're doing well and enjoying some games.
Hey Crow, how are you?
Post edited July 22, 2015 by adaliabooks
CarrionCrow: Good afternoon. =)

When in doubt, just say, "can't complain". It's a useful go-to phrase for when you're not up to describing what might be happening.
[/exit lurker mode]
Good tip, thanks! I'll keep that in mind ;-)
adaliabooks: Link to the Past is probably my favourite game ever (or close anyway). Just replayed and finished Link's Awakening on my 3DS (also received for free with Nintendo Club points) and it was as good as I remembered.
I've still got Wind Waker on Wii U to play through (I think I was at the second dungeon before I discovered GoG properly and got back into PC gaming)
Yeah Link to the past is just great. I love it.
I started Wind Waker HD but while it is still a nice game it is not drawing me in as much as Link to the Past did.