It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FearfulSymmetry: (...)
Good morning *big hug*
How are you doing?

And did my suggestion help?
ElTerprise: Thank you :)

Well it's derived from Dicker (but has nothing to do with thick people) ;)
It's the way it's pronounced in Northern Germany

Well that's something. Atleast okay. :)
Understandably that you want to do something without feeling sick - hopefully that sick and dizzy feeling will vanish quite soon *big hug* :)
ddickinson: I want to stop the painkillers, to see what is causing the dizziness, the migraines or the medication, but I am under strict orders that I take them. It is probably not the medication, but it would be nice to know, even if it would be a painful experiment.

Soccorro: With tthe neighbor :D
ddickinson: That's the one. What did you think?
Come ooooon... :D That'S nothing :D
Soccorro: Come ooooon... :D That'S nothing :D
You never know these days. People seem to get offended over the slightest thing. Many people seem to have forgotten how to have a joke at each other.
ddickinson: I want to stop the painkillers, to see what is causing the dizziness, the migraines or the medication, but I am under strict orders that I take them. It is probably not the medication, but it would be nice to know, even if it would be a painful experiment.
Hmm...probably wouldn't be a good idea to stop the painkillers now. Sounds like unfortunately you have to deal with the sickness and the dizzyness for some time :(
ElTerprise: Hmm...probably wouldn't be a good idea to stop the painkillers now. Sounds like unfortunately you have to deal with the sickness and the dizzyness for some time :(
If it was up to me I would stop them, the pain would be bad, but at least I would know, and if it was the medication then at least I would not be feeling so dizzy, light headed, and have blurred vision. I could always go back on them if it turned out it was not the medication. But orders are orders. :-)
ddickinson: If it was up to me I would stop them, the pain would be bad, but at least I would know, and if it was the medication then at least I would not be feeling so dizzy, light headed, and have blurred vision. I could always go back on them if it turned out it was not the medication. But orders are orders. :-)
Yep and you better stick to them or like owl yesterday said we will need to tell your partner :P
Good morning all :)
ddickinson: I know, I don't think people think all of the Netherlands are like Amsterdam. Not that it's a bad place. Although, people do say it's the quiet places where all the real dirty stuff goes on, out of sight and behind closed doors. :-)

I hope you enjoy the movie, I am not really sure what it is, but then I don't really follow movies anymore. Hopefully you and your sister will have lots of fun being big kids and enjoying the movie. :-)

Sadly if it's bad news it won't be fixed, maybe maintained (well, one of them can be, if it's the other I am screwed (sorry, bad joke, just trying to keep a smile on my face)). But I am keeping an optimistic outlooks. No point worrying about it all too much.

*even more hugs*
It really depends, some people seem to believe that there's not much more to our country than Amsterdam. ;) I personally like other cities such as The Hague much better. And yes, you might be right about the quiet places, who knows! :P

I'm sure we'll have a great time. From what I've seen in the trailer it's about a panel of little people living in everyone's heads, trying to coordinate that person's actions and behavior. It's kind of hard to explain, but the trailer seemed funny. :)

That really sucks. :( Let's hope it turns out to be the least bad it can be, then. *hugs* You're right about maintaining a positive outlook. I always find that reading a funny book or watching a funny film (although you don't like that :) ) can really help to take your mind off things. *more hugs* And if you want to chat or rant I'm always available.
moonshineshadow: Yep and you better stick to them or like owl yesterday said we will need to tell your partner :P
No risk of that. She would know I did not take them, even if I tried to hide them to make it look like I did. We are hopeless at keeping secrets from each other. :-)

*hug for the informant* :-)
ddickinson: I love reading the possible side effects on the medication. Often the side effects can be worse than the thing you are taking the medication for.

I don't see the point in letting the scammers get to us and spoil the place. People just need to ignore them and be smarter about who they give games to.

So a win, in that case you get a nice badge (see attached), courtesy of our lovely artist Owl. :-)

*big hug*

(I am really not liking this blurred vision. I hope that passes soon.)
[...]
I will just put the finishing touches to it (by adding you to the picture). It's nothing special, it's just a little modification to a picture Owl did. But I think it tells the whole story of the picture, even though Owl denies it. :-)
I love reading possible side effects too. I always laugh at the ones that are total opposites - "This medication may cause insomnia or sleepiness, constipation or diarrhea, depression or mania, sudden death or sudden happiness..." and so forth ;-)
I hesitate to take any medication these days. I'm a good example of Murphy's Law when it comes to drugs :-p

Woo \o/ A good badge! Thanks DD (and Owl of course!)
Hahaha XD ... very excellent touches to Owl's picture :-) We all know that's what she is really thinking... and that Moon skinny dips in random fields? :-p
The amount of salt on the TotalBiscuit recommends thread is ridiculous.
I'm feeling my blood preassure go up from reading the posts.
It's saturday today, I hope to drink myself stupid tonight. lol
FearfulSymmetry: It really depends, some people seem to believe that there's not much more to our country than Amsterdam. ;) I personally like other cities such as The Hague much better. And yes, you might be right about the quiet places, who knows! :P

I'm sure we'll have a great time. From what I've seen in the trailer it's about a panel of little people living in everyone's heads, trying to coordinate that person's actions and behavior. It's kind of hard to explain, but the trailer seemed funny. :)

That really sucks. :( Let's hope it turns out to be the least bad it can be, then. *hugs* You're right about maintaining a positive outlook. I always find that reading a funny book or watching a funny film (although you don't like that :) ) can really help to take your mind off things. *more hugs* And if you want to chat or rant I'm always available.
I will probably have a nice read later if I am up to it. I am also going to do some more piano practice as well. I figure I will need some restful things to occupy myself with until I can get some other jobs done. Right now I am trying to keep myself awake. These pills sure do make me tired.

AgentBirdnest: I love reading possible side effects too. I always laugh at the ones that are total opposites - "This medication may cause insomnia or sleepiness, constipation or diarrhea, depression or mania, sudden death or sudden happiness..." and so forth ;-)
I hesitate to take any medication these days. I'm a good example of Murphy's Law when it comes to drugs :-p

Woo \o/ A good badge! Thanks DD (and Owl of course!)
Hahaha XD ... very excellent touches to Owl's picture :-) We all know that's what she is really thinking... and that Moon skinny dips in random fields? :-p
It's the sudden death part that I find the most amusing. I guess it's just legal stuff to cover them in case they get taken to court.

You earned the badge. Keep collecting them and one day you might get the mystery badge. :-)

I am sure she will pretend she was not looking, but as the arrow shows, she is looking straight up the toga and smiling. And yes, that is a Valkyrie skinny dipping. Although there is no water. I guess she must be lost, or she heard about some guy wearing a toga and wanted to join Owl in having a look. :-)
Post edited July 18, 2015 by ddickinson
FearfulSymmetry: It really depends, some people seem to believe that there's not much more to our country than Amsterdam. ;) I personally like other cities such as The Hague much better. And yes, you might be right about the quiet places, who knows! :P

ddickinson: I will probably have a nice read later if I am up to it. I am also going to do some more piano practice as well. I figure I will need some restful things to occupy myself with until I can get some other jobs done. Right now I am trying to keep myself awake. These pills sure do make me tired.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/known_scammers/post2833
This might interest you.
ddickinson: I will probably have a nice read later if I am up to it. I am also going to do some more piano practice as well. I figure I will need some restful things to occupy myself with until I can get some other jobs done. Right now I am trying to keep myself awake. These pills sure do make me tired.
Yes, it might be a good time to look into some old hobbies or get around to books you haven't read yet (I've got stacks of those myself). If you really have trouble staying awake maybe a nap would help? Then again, I never seem to be able to sleep at night whenever I try to do that.

Also, it sounds kind of lame, but I find that things like crocheting and embroidery really take my mind off things, if you're at all into that. It's very simple work with a soothing kind of repetitiveness. :P