It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

pimpmonkey2382.313: Thank you. :) What are you up to tonight?
cecil: not much just surfing gog and whatnot. May I ask what the 2382.313 on your name means? Is it a library reference?
Nope, way back when gog forums were derping and added a period then numbers to most everyones usernames, I was too lazy to contact a blue to have them remove it. (Though now I can see why I didn't bother, with nes400/jagoki/etc harrassing me and using his millions of accounts to downvote me and no blue does anything about it.)
cecil:
pimpmonkey2382.313: jagoki/etc harassing me...
Ugh sorry that he's a blight to you...
pimpmonkey2382.313: jagoki/etc harassing me...
cecil: Ugh sorry that he's a blight to you...
Not your fault. He has a pretty sad life, spending all day to downvote me and scam others out of games. Quite sad really.
cecil: Ugh sorry that he's a blight to you...
pimpmonkey2382.313: Not your fault. He has a pretty sad life, spending all day to downvote me and scam others out of games. Quite sad really.
Sad but true... there are so many of "him" it's hard not to fall prey...
Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Merci beaucoup pour le champagne, @Owl, I found an unopened bottle lying in the thread, so hurried off with it to save for later. :-)

ElTerprise: Glad to hear that. Well i'm also failing to produce something creative - really want to write a story and i've loads of ideas but i cannot bring myself to actually starting it....
adaliabooks: This is pretty much me too.....
Hi Adalia, good to see you again. Hi ElT

Your discussion made me think of what Dorothy Parker wrote: 'writing is the art of applying the ass to the seat'. :-D

Soccorro: i hate gog's chat
Hope you're feeling better?

I understand how you feel re chat. I have pretty much given up on it, I almost never get chat notifications, my sent chats disappear, half of my old PM's disappeared in the transporter room and GOG will never put them back together again, it seems.

And I really dislike their system of putting those people who are online at the top of the chat list, instead of your most recent correspondent. So you have a long line of people with whom you perhaps exchanged a few words months ago, all blocking up the chat list, and have to scroll way down to find your recent messages. Nice one, GoG.
Post edited July 16, 2015 by ZenWan
adaliabooks: *someone you vaguely recognise wanders into the thread*

Hey everyone!
Long time no speak, been in a serious lurking mode for a while (just not really had much to say and this thread seems to alternate between far too busy to keep up with or absolutely dead).
How are you all?

NoNewTaleToTell: I'm thinking of picking up the Humble Bundle developer thingy bundle but it brought up a question.

Why are there so few RPG Maker games that are not anime inspired in style? I know it's a fairly limited tool and most of the people using it are not pros and can't afford artists, but it seems like nine out of every ten features stereotypical anime art and characters. It really shouldn't be that hard to make it look...non-anime-ish right? Just using custom art should do the trick or is that not an option? Are you stuck with "GenericAnimeBlondeGirl.jpg" style character screens?
adaliabooks: The standard art that comes with it is all typically anime-ish, and the main style of games you can make (without putting a lot more effort in) are JRPGs, which tend to have anime-ish graphics. Plus you're limited to (I think) 32 * 32 pixels for characters, which, while not impossible to do anything else with, also lends itself to somewhat anime like art styles.
I got the bundle, somewhat doubt I'll actually use any of it (although Sprite Lamp does look interesting) but I though why not when it's only £8?
Yeah the graphics packs that are defaulted into the maker options are jrpg-oriented.
But there are other packs that are high quality. High Fantasy pack and scifi pack come to mind from non-jrpg styles.
Also I've heard that with scripting you can do pretty much anything.
I did some quality tutorials and those explained a lot - from a guy who is making Toby's Island. He has this friend who is a quality scripter.
What I meant also that you can make bigger than 32x32 sprites with scripting.
Check Toby's Island demos from youtube to see what you can do.
Of course if one intends to do a commercial game, one either has to learn some ruby language or possibly pay a small fee for the scripter(s). The fees vary but these are probably not more than 10-20$ per game. Some scripters might only want to be credited...
Post edited July 16, 2015 by superstande
LaPtiteBete: Good evening, lovely people
**Big hugs and champagne**
That's a fun greeting :)
superstande: Words...
Thank you and avatar adaliabooks for the replies!

My playthrough of The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault On Dark Athena has screeched to a complete halt thanks to a progress stopping bug. A shame too, I was enjoying the early parts of it a bit more than I did the early parts of Escape From Butcher Bay. I'm only an hour or so in but it's going back on my digital shelf for the time being.
superstande:
NoNewTaleToTell:
I didn't like butcher bay as much either they are both good games though I think I almost beat DA but I don't recall
Good morning, GOG !
**Big hugs and coffee**
How are you doing ? :)
Good and tired, here...
LaPtiteBete: Good morning, GOG !
**Big hugs and coffee**
Good and tired, here...
Good morning.
How are you?
GreenDamsel: Good morning.
How are you?
Morning, Damsel !! as I said above, good and tired :)
My bad... I went to sleep too late. I was playing Terraria... and failing at setting a multiplayer game, despite tutorials and a friend's advice (he succeeded to create one, but with last year's version)... **sigh** :-(
pimpmonkey2382.313: (Though now I can see why I didn't bother, with nes400/jagoki/etc harrassing me and using his millions of accounts to downvote me and no blue does anything about it.)
:-( .... Is there something we can do ?... like... burn this kid's place to the ground ?...
Or kidnap a Blue ! J0ekerr did it, once.
Post edited July 16, 2015 by LaPtiteBete
LaPtiteBete: Good morning, GOG !
**Big hugs and coffee**
Good and tired, here...
Good morning.
How are you?
LaPtiteBete:
I am well thanks :) I'll take the hug but pass on the coffee if I may :)
Irenicusss: Good morning.
How are you?
Good, and you ? :)
(Gollum with make-up ?... ô__ô jeez...)
LaPtiteBete:
cecil: I am well thanks :) I'll take the hug but pass on the coffee if I may :)
Hey Cecil :)
Glad to read you're doing well.
I have also some tea if you prefer :)
**Another big hug**
Post edited July 16, 2015 by LaPtiteBete