It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GreenDamsel: I do hope you realize the self-irony as we have topics in STEM fields such as "How to cut a cake fairly for 3 people.", which was an interesting read, tbh.

Can't you just write a ticket for IT-support to fix it?

There are possible solutions to your problem, but as long as you don't know how to code any resource I could direct you to is quite useless.
Tallima: I've got 20+ years of experience in writing code for work and school (VB, C++, C#, C, 6.0s and .NETs, as well as hobby stuff (RPG Maker, DarkBASIC Pro)), just not web-based stuff. I can pick it up fairly quickly.

Unfortunately, the vendor is unwilling to do anything. In fact, they underhandedly mocked us and our work ethic when we asked if they could simply a mass editing process that is very simple using similar software (but more expensive software, hence the move).

Anyhoots, if it's possible, I can start trying to dig around. But if you or anyone else can point me in the right direction, it's would be spectacular.
Well first of all find out what language the database uses. SQL? Then what java version is used by the program? And then check for any inconvenient other languages used. Some companies can produce a giant fuckup code where suddenly the java program translates to php and then to SQL just because some developer only knew php and the other was sick that day.

Check out the frame. Then you can ask google. Especially regarding java there's everything you could ever ask on google.
Tallima: We have a new computer database program at work that does not fill out information as conveniently as it should. Every 15 minutes, we have to punch in the date twice, who we are and what we're doing. My hands hurt from it at this point. It's ridiculous. Our old program filled all that in for us.

So, what I would like to do is to be able to have an app that, upon a button push or, even better, upon a certain field in the database program being empty, that it autofills all of that information.

The database program is a java program that can only be accessed on IE10.
Tallima: I've got 20+ years of experience in writing code for work and school (VB, C++, C#, C, 6.0s and .NETs, as well as hobby stuff (RPG Maker, DarkBASIC Pro)), just not web-based stuff. I can pick it up fairly quickly.

Unfortunately, the vendor is unwilling to do anything. In fact, they underhandedly mocked us and our work ethic when we asked if they could simply a mass editing process that is very simple using similar software (but more expensive software, hence the move).

Anyhoots, if it's possible, I can start trying to dig around. But if you or anyone else can point me in the right direction, it's would be spectacular.
Unlike you I can't code at all :) (some bash scripting maybe) therefore I should probably just stay silent. But can't simple "autifill" or "autocomplete" Browserplugins be used for that kind of thing? if it's always the same fields that require the same information, they should be easy helpers .... but I probably just don't really get what you mean, in that case I'm sorry
Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone.

Hopefully you're all doing well today.
GreenDamsel: ...cluster-suck...
By the nature of the company we're dealing with, the amalgamation is almost certain. The software has been in revision since the 80s or early 90s, so there's a very good bet it uses a little of everything in there.

mchack: ...autofill...
That's my ultimate hope -- to make a Barefoot Essentials-style add-on that makes this program far more accessible.
Post edited July 09, 2015 by Tallima
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Okay, nice!

Hello everyone, the tune for today!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6hy4O9t_r0&index=108&list=WL
l0rdtr3k: Imma gonna hug you!*tackle hug*

ElTerprise: Neither high nor low temperatures are something for me. I like the middle temperatures between 10-25 °C ...
l0rdtr3k: Good morning!
Hug or rerorerorero?
Yes hug me! :)

Tropico 4 on GOG!!! Eyes roll over...
Post edited July 09, 2015 by XxXSprayvWarXxX
People hating on Destiny because of hype and because it's cool to hate,like COD
l0rdtr3k: People hating on Destiny because of hype and because it's cool to hate,like COD
Yes mate I understand! There are always this type of people! Try to avoid them!
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Yes mate I understand! There are always this type of people! Try to avoid them!
Go on Youtube and look for Destiny or COD videos and try not to get disgustet.
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Yes mate I understand! There are always this type of people! Try to avoid them!
l0rdtr3k: Go on Youtube and look for Destiny or COD videos and try not to get disgustet.
Haha yeah, that's a pain of the arse, but just don't look at the comments.
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Haha yeah, that's a pain of the arse, but just don't look at the comments.
Youtube comments can be funny and clever but most of the time it's just 12 year olds,haters and trolls.
This should be fun. Optional quest with a time limit, on hardcore mode. If I screw up, I lose 12 hours of progress.

There is no sane reason to risk that, but I'll do it anyway.

And the whole thing is a gigantic fucking deathtrap, beyond just the obvious "this whole place is going to fall on my head" aspect of it. Managed to get out with maybe 5 seconds left.
Post edited July 10, 2015 by CarrionCrow
Good evening everyone - back from sports.

I'm good but exhausted now - how are you all doing?

CarrionCrow: This should be fun. Optional quest with a time limit, on hardcore mode. If I screw up, I lose 12 hours of progress.

Well good luck with that :).
ElTerprise: Good evening everyone - back from sports.

CarrionCrow: This should be fun. Optional quest with a time limit, on hardcore mode. If I screw up, I lose 12 hours of progress.

ElTerprise: Well good luck with that :).
Good evening. =)

Doing okay here. Just thought of the only reason why I'd want to play multiplayer with someone.
There's a massive appeal to the idea of running tandem with someone, then getting to see them get their character killed off permanently so they freak out.

Not going to do it, because most people suck, but it's a fun thought.
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!

I hope you have had a lovely day?

*hugs and silly waves*

I have been playing a bit more Teslagrad, and while it still is fun, the controls and limited checkpoints can be very annoying, especially on a tricky part where you can die easily. You just manage to beat that part, and then comes another tricky part, with no checkpoint in-between. I guess I am just not used to platforms and am a bit rusty as to how they work, but it does become very annoying.
ElTerprise: Good evening everyone - back from sports.

ElTerprise: Well good luck with that :).
back from sports... at 11:00 pm!?