It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

XxXSprayvWarXxX: I'm doing good! The single player is just fine! Everyone says that. Every COD brings something new to the table every year. You need to play Advanced Warfare, as it's one of my favorite COD of all time and this comes from a guy who owns every COD.
l0rdtr3k: Ghosts was a piece of shit,BTW
And Black Ops 3 is looking to be as good,if not better than AW.
Ghosts is awesome, I can't really understand why people hate on it. The story ending was kinda meh other than that the multiplayer is awesome.
ddickinson: The older gamers might resist more changes, but there are lots of new gamers who will think the new practices are the norm and put up with them.
Ixamyakxim: I'm scared to death of the day when the younger kids raised on "free to play" "games" that are little more than microtransactions with a pretty UI come of age. I'm always worried that's the future of gaming :(

Which would be a bit of a disappointment, because that will be the day I'm done with a hobby I've really enjoyed for a good long while.
Fortunately the hobby has gone well beyond a child-level age range, which is good because kids are pretty stupid.

Also, the running 8 year backlog is good to have because it insulates for the scenario of the industry completely shitting itself and dying for a while.

Should make for some fun conversations if the worst comes to pass, though...

"Hey, wanna play mobile multiplayer with me? You can pay for power-ups so you don't have to spend time actually playing the game, it's the greatest!"
"No, and fuck you. Get that shit out of my face before I bludgeon you to death with your own smartphone."
Post edited July 06, 2015 by CarrionCrow
ElTerprise: Good to see that happen and not a bad analogy actually...unfortunately....
ddickinson: It seems to be what every big company and group does. Rather than fix the problem and make changes for the better, they do the opposite, then wonder why it all falls apart.
*hugs D*
I'm guilty of buying AAA games on launch day(Titanfall and Destiny comes to mind).I agree that the big devs should at least try to innovate a little.
Look at The Witcher 3.It's completely different from the first 2 and brings a lot of new stuff to the table.
EndreWhiteMane: Stop using words i don't understand or I'll have my country come blow your country up. ;)
The US wouldn't dare. Germany is not a 3rd World Nation yet. :-)
(Sorry for the bad joke.)
Post edited July 06, 2015 by ddickinson
XxXSprayvWarXxX: I'm doing good! The single player is just fine! Everyone says that. Every COD brings something new to the table every year. You need to play Advanced Warfare, as it's one of my favorite COD of all time and this comes from a guy who owns every COD.
Glad to hear that. Well it's just my opinion and the CoD games are the kind of FPS i'd like....

ddickinson: It seems to be what every big company and group does. Rather than fix the problem and make changes for the better, they do the opposite, then wonder why it all falls apart.
Yup. I think lot of this comes from shortsighted thinking and and quick profits without long run sustainability...
superstande: Hello Awesome People (tm)!
I bought a second hand moped... man I don't want a pickle,
just wanna ride my motor- cicle! - arlo guthrie
One of the great classic songs. :-)
And I don't want to die, just want to ride my motor cy cle. :-)
ElTerprise: Glad to hear that. Well it's just my opinion and the CoD games are the kind of FPS i'd like....

ElTerprise: Yup. I think lot of this comes from shortsighted thinking and and quick profits without long run sustainability...
Yes I understand and I accept your opinion.
l0rdtr3k: *hugs D*
I'm guilty of buying AAA games on launch day(Titanfall and Destiny comes to mind).I agree that the big devs should at least try to innovate a little.
Look at The Witcher 3.It's completely different from the first 2 and brings a lot of new stuff to the table.
Please don't misunderstand me, I am not having a go at people who like, buy, and play AAA games. That is fine, but some of the AAA titles are horrible. No need to be sorry for buying and playing games you enjoy. Like when you worry people will mind you like console games, so do I, granted I have never owned a console since the PS2, but I still love playing it. Games are games, no matter what system. If you have fun, that is all that counts.
EndreWhiteMane: Stop using words i don't understand or I'll have my country come blow your country up. ;)
ddickinson: The US wouldn't dare. Germany is not a 3rd World Nation yet. :-)
(Sorry for the bad joke.)
I might believe that the US falls first. Looking at you Detroit. :O
:D. Something like that? For the first time i'd be happy that we have US air bases in germany ;)

XxXSprayvWarXxX: Yes I understand and I accept your opinion.
Alright :)
Post edited July 06, 2015 by ElTerprise
ddickinson: I was put off at first, but the story is very interesting. Sadly the game is only half finished, but on a good sale it might be worth trying. As I said, you could be one of the many people who love Mind. Hopefully you will, that way it will be worth the cost.
I'll keep an eye out for a sale. I always like trying point and click adventures... I like trying them too much though, my backlog is growing :-p
ElTerprise: Could you elaborate on that?
ddickinson: And what debate are we getting the names wrong?
That would be the debate over the Confederate battle flag here. I'm willing to listen to anyone... until they call it the "Stars and Bars", which is a totally different flag that most people don't even know exists. That's when I stop listening, because the person is most likely just arguing for the sake of arguing, and has no idea what they are talking about. [/random vent] :-)
l0rdtr3k: *hugs D*
ddickinson: Please don't misunderstand me, I am not having a go at people who like, buy, and play AAA games. That is fine, but some of the AAA titles are horrible. No need to be sorry for buying and playing games you enjoy. Like when you worry people will mind you like console games, so do I, granted I have never owned a console since the PS2, but I still love playing it. Games are games, no matter what system. If you have fun, that is all that counts.
And I'm saying that I agree with you.AAA games should be more than glorifies Hollywood blockbusters.
Look at the Deus Ex series that deals with important social and political issues in a great way.I think that AAA devs should tackle these issues and be more than action films.
ddickinson: I was put off at first, but the story is very interesting. Sadly the game is only half finished, but on a good sale it might be worth trying. As I said, you could be one of the many people who love Mind. Hopefully you will, that way it will be worth the cost.
AgentBirdnest: I'll keep an eye out for a sale. I always like trying point and click adventures... I like trying them too much though, my backlog is growing :-p
ddickinson: And what debate are we getting the names wrong?
AgentBirdnest: That would be the debate over the Confederate battle flag here. I'm willing to listen to anyone... until they call it the "Stars and Bars", which is a totally different flag that most people don't even know exists. That's when I stop listening, because the person is most likely just arguing for the sake of arguing, and has no idea what they are talking about. [/random vent] :-)
*hugs Agent*Hello!
Post edited July 06, 2015 by l0rdtr3k
GreenDamsel: I might believe that the US falls first. Looking at you Detroit. :O
I will still put my money on Germany falling first, just judging by the way they are twisting the EU for their own gain and the backlashes and problems this is causing. If you want to talk about bail outs, look at the mess Germany caused with Greece, the largest bailout of a sovereign nation in human history. If I remember correctly, it was Germany who were the deciding factor in Greece entering the EU, against the advice of many other nations.
AgentBirdnest: I'll keep an eye out for a sale. I always like trying point and click adventures... I like trying them too much though, my backlog is growing :-p
That would be the debate over the Confederate battle flag here. I'm willing to listen to anyone... until they call it the "Stars and Bars", which is a totally different flag that most people don't even know exists. That's when I stop listening, because the person is most likely just arguing for the sake of arguing, and has no idea what they are talking about. [/random vent] :-)
I see. So they mix up the actualy national flag of the CSA with the Dixie Flag? I think many people do that mistake actually but in such a debate the people arguing should avoid that....
l0rdtr3k: Ghosts was a piece of shit,BTW
And Black Ops 3 is looking to be as good,if not better than AW.
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Ghosts is awesome, I can't really understand why people hate on it. The story ending was kinda meh other than that the multiplayer is awesome.
Because they didn't bring anything new.It felt more like a MW spinoff riding the popularity of Ghost(RIP).