It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: I don't think the big publishers like the new Steam refund policy, just look at how much Warner lost over the Batman game. I think soon all the big publishers will just use their own platforms and DRM.
You might be right on that considering Bethesda's plans. But not having to rely on Steam only might not only be a negative thing although it would be quite annoying though to have several different platforms for games.
l0rdtr3k: That's nothing if you ask me.I'm used to temperatures on the 40°C.
ElTerprise: But it quite unusual for me. The average mean temperature in July is around 22°C (more or less)...

EndreWhiteMane: Raindrops are falling on my head.
La la la la la laa

Well actually they're not, but they were when I was outside.
Nice rainy day here, I'm feeling OK and I finally got the right coffee filters.
Life is good. :-)
ElTerprise: Hello Endre, good to hear that. So you returned the wrong ones?
I used some of them so I just threw them away, they were less than a dollar so no biggie.
GreenDamsel: Well, EA has had a refund policy before Steam did. And I believe that it will actually hurt sales in the long run. Imagine how many people will be like "Hey i want to play that. UGH I have to download another client? Meh might as well just pass."

Rather publishers will go more towards consoles. Seems like console players swallow everything that they get served.
True, but EA controls their refunds, whereas Steam controls Steam refunds.

People said DRM and such things would hurt sales, but a lot of games put up with stuff no matter what. They won't mind using another client, they might complain at first, but most of them will just do it as they want to play the latest broken AAA title when it is released. The publishers won't care about losing a few customers if that means they get complete control of the customers they do have.
EndreWhiteMane: I used some of them so I just threw them away, they were less than a dollar so no biggie.
In that case it's not too bad and as long as they worked when you used them it's okay. I once used wrong filters which resulted in a pretty bad leakage ;)
l0rdtr3k: That's nothing if you ask me.I'm used to temperatures on the 40°C.
ElTerprise: But it quite unusual for me. The average mean temperature in July is around 22°C (more or less)...

EndreWhiteMane: Raindrops are falling on my head.
La la la la la laa

Well actually they're not, but they were when I was outside.
Nice rainy day here, I'm feeling OK and I finally got the right coffee filters.
Life is good. :-)
ElTerprise: Hello Endre, good to hear that. So you returned the wrong ones?
Global warming!Beware the Birdemic!
EndreWhiteMane: And a good day to you Ms DD.
I will share my list when it has meaningful stuff on it, right now it's a mess. :-)
Okay, but I will be watching you, and your wishlist. I expect to see a long list of games on your wishlist soon. :-)

ElTerprise: You might be right on that considering Bethesda's plans. But not having to rely on Steam only might not only be a negative thing although it would be quite annoying though to have several different platforms for games.
I have read a few articles about how the AAA market is not doing so well, especially on PC. Gamers are getting tired of their poor quality games and the way they treat their customers. But rather than try to fix this, they big publishers just do more and more silly things that will drive customers away. But there will still be enough customers to fill the gap. Look at DRM, most younger gamers don't care, some hate DRM-free, some don't even know what DRM-free is. The older gamers might resist more changes, but there are lots of new gamers who will think the new practices are the norm and put up with them.
l0rdtr3k: Global warming!Beware the Birdemic!
Oh..you're right. Maybe i should rewatch "The Birds" to be prepared...:)
EndreWhiteMane: And a good day to you Ms DD.
I will share my list when it has meaningful stuff on it, right now it's a mess. :-)
ddickinson: Okay, but I will be watching you, and your wishlist. I expect to see a long list of games on your wishlist soon. :-)
I promise, it will be back up Soon™.
l0rdtr3k: Global warming!Beware the Birdemic!
ElTerprise: Oh..you're right. Maybe i should rewatch "The Birds" to be prepared...:)
Birdemic is a horror flick,from a distance.
ddickinson: The older gamers might resist more changes, but there are lots of new gamers who will think the new practices are the norm and put up with them.
I'm scared to death of the day when the younger kids raised on "free to play" "games" that are little more than microtransactions with a pretty UI come of age. I'm always worried that's the future of gaming :(

Which would be a bit of a disappointment, because that will be the day I'm done with a hobby I've really enjoyed for a good long while.
ddickinson: The older gamers might resist more changes, but there are lots of new gamers who will think the new practices are the norm and put up with them.
Ixamyakxim: I'm scared to death of the day when the younger kids raised on "free to play" "games" that are little more than microtransactions with a pretty UI come of age. I'm always worried that's the future of gaming :(

Which would be a bit of a disappointment, because that will be the day I'm done with a hobby I've really enjoyed for a good long while.
*grabs you and rerorerorero*
EndreWhiteMane: I promise, it will be back up Soon™.
That will be Good News™. :-)

Ixamyakxim: I'm scared to death of the day when the younger kids raised on "free to play" "games" that are little more than microtransactions with a pretty UI come of age. I'm always worried that's the future of gaming :(

I know, they seem to put up with anything these days. Those darn kids. :-)

But I think there will still be some good games on the PC, due to indie developers. Although, many of them are starting to do all these bad practices, like regional pricing, bad DLCs, micro-transactions and all the other stuff. It might kill off console gaming, but hopefully there will still be some good games on the PC.
ElTerprise: Oh..you're right. Maybe i should rewatch "The Birds" to be prepared...:)
l0rdtr3k: Birdemic is a horror flick,from a distance.
It's called an "American independent romantic horror film" so it has to be bad.
Gets less than a 1 star rating so I guess it is. :-)
l0rdtr3k: Birdemic is a horror flick,from a distance.
EndreWhiteMane: "American independent romantic horror film"
You know,from a distance.
Hello everyone! How are you?