It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready for the grand comeback of the Freelance Police in a newly remastered version of their second episodic season. Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space is coming soon to GOG!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Beyond the front page, to the forum...
low rated
I wonder how much of this version will be censored for politically correct reasons.

This also explains why GOG was deleting bad reviews which were calling out the censorship of the last released version, which was censored because certain old lines might trigger people for not copping with old standards of humor.
Marcus-Havoc: I wonder how much of this version will be censored for politically correct reasons.
From what I understand, they didn't change any jokes this time around.
Post edited December 29, 2021 by Plokite_Wolf
Marcus-Havoc: I wonder how much of this version will be censored for politically correct reasons.
Plokite_Wolf: From what I understand, they didn't change any jokes this time around.
That's what they claimed last time. They claimed nothing was changed until people bought it and found out they actually made the game more politically correct.
high rated
Is Sam & Max: Save the World censored ? i have thought about buying it but try to avoid censored games as best i can if i find out so i would appreciate if anyone know. Hopefully this one passes without getting censored because i like when games stay faithful to the originals.
Post edited December 29, 2021 by ChrisG_
ChrisG_: Is Sam & Max: Save the World censored ? i have thought about buying it but try to avoid censored games as best i can if i find out so i would appreciate if anyone know. Hopefully this one passes without getting censored because i like when games stay faithful to the originals.
https://nichegamer.com/sam-max-save-the-world-censored-jokes-and-recast-voice-actor-developer-says-they-forgot-all-about-them-prior-to-launch/
ChrisG_: Is Sam & Max: Save the World censored ? i have thought about buying it but try to avoid censored games as best i can if i find out so i would appreciate if anyone know. Hopefully this one passes without getting censored because i like when games stay faithful to the originals.
Marcus-Havoc: https://nichegamer.com/sam-max-save-the-world-censored-jokes-and-recast-voice-actor-developer-says-they-forgot-all-about-them-prior-to-launch/
Thanks, i will take a look.
Where is soundtrack? Will it be includeed? Lack of it, or any other goodies, which can in some cases be brought in other stores, is what stops me from fully supporting GoG. Won't buy product in other store, becaus DRM BAD, but also won't buy on GoG.
Nothing's been censored. It's already out on Steam, so you can check for yourself.
low rated
Zeewolf: Nothing's been censored. It's already out on Steam, so you can check for yourself.
It took people a while before the found out that the last game was censored, so I would still do a wait and see approach for a while, before buying it blindly.
Post edited December 29, 2021 by Marcus-Havoc
high rated
I'm struggling to understand the "need" to remaster these at all beyond being just another lame Remaster-itus cash grab. The originals run fine, have 1080p widescreen support, few people liked the censorship with S1 (as evidenced by the 2.9/5.0 score), and the graphical "improvements" were pretty weak. To keep things in perspective, I bought the original trilogy for £1.89 each back in 2014 (inc free soundtracks), and now they are £11.89 per game + £5.09 per "DLC" soundtrack = £17.08, or basically a +805% price increase per game for 99% the same game?... They are great games but someone's really milking these...
Post edited December 29, 2021 by AB2012
Mateuszy: Where is soundtrack? Will it be includeed? Lack of it, or any other goodies, which can in some cases be brought in other stores, is what stops me from fully supporting GoG. Won't buy product in other store, becaus DRM BAD, but also won't buy on GoG.
checked around and the soundtrack is a paid extra everywhere, getting a free included soundtrack has become a rarity now that studios have discovered that people will pay more for them.
Zeewolf: Nothing's been censored. It's already out on Steam, so you can check for yourself.
Marcus-Havoc: It took people a while before the found out that the last game was censored, so I would still do a wait and see approach for a while, before buying it blindly.
Was searching through the reviews on Steam and from the ones worth reading they have stated that the jokes have not been changed and the new voice actor for Bosco has improved.

I have the original version myself so I'm passing on this as I just can't find a reason to get the remasters, would have been nice if they would give a decent discount for those who do own the originals.
Post edited December 29, 2021 by wolfsite
low rated
Mateuszy: Where is soundtrack? Will it be includeed? Lack of it, or any other goodies, which can in some cases be brought in other stores, is what stops me from fully supporting GoG. Won't buy product in other store, becaus DRM BAD, but also won't buy on GoG.
wolfsite: checked around and the soundtrack is a paid extra everywhere, getting a free included soundtrack has become a rarity now that studios have discovered that people will pay more for them.
Marcus-Havoc: It took people a while before the found out that the last game was censored, so I would still do a wait and see approach for a while, before buying it blindly.
wolfsite: Was searching through the reviews on Steam and from the ones worth reading they have stated that the jokes have not been changed and the new voice actor for Bosco has improved.
Just YouTube search it and you'll get a direct comparison. You'll see that lines have been changed, and I actually do think the old voice actor was more funny because he was doing an over the top stereotypical version of a black man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YvVPXGgUL0

Wouldn't go after the STEAM reviews all that much, seeing as most people who actually cared for the game wouldn't buy it in this altered state.
wolfsite: checked around and the soundtrack is a paid extra everywhere, getting a free included soundtrack has become a rarity now that studios have discovered that people will pay more for them.

Was searching through the reviews on Steam and from the ones worth reading they have stated that the jokes have not been changed and the new voice actor for Bosco has improved.
Marcus-Havoc: Just YouTube search it and you'll get a direct comparison. You'll see that lines have been changed, and I actually do think the old voice actor was more funny because he was doing an over the top stereotypical version of a black man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YvVPXGgUL0

Wouldn't go after the STEAM reviews all that much, seeing as most people who actually cared for the game wouldn't buy it in this altered state.
That video is for save the world not beyond time and space so it would not be fair to use that as an example.