It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready to build and expand your very own settlements in high mountains while dealing with hazards such as weather breakdowns and avalanches.
Genre: Strategy
Okay, you got my attention.
GOG.com: Coming soon: Laysara: Summit Kingdom
I like this:
"Final note: the game is a pure city building experience solely focused on the economy, resource management and surviving despite the inhospitable environment. Therefore, the game doesn’t feature combat or any other military aspect."

But I don't like this:
"One of the ever-present dangers you will have to deal with are mighty avalanches. You can’t stop them..."

What I enjoy in this kind of games is the "build something, that works" aspect.
Threats/natural disasters are quite the contrary to that, therefore I switch those off, if the opportunity exists.
Maybe this game offers that possibility (at least in sandbox - mode), but since it doesn't mention it...
Now, this look's like a bit of me, Wish listed!...
BreOl72: What I enjoy in this kind of games is the "build something, that works" aspect.
Threats/natural disasters are quite the contrary to that, therefore I switch those off, if the opportunity exists.
Maybe this game offers that possibility (at least in sandbox - mode), but since it doesn't mention it...
That would strongly depend on how they are implemented. If such a natural disaster means "and now rebuild half a screen of buildings from memory", then it would be extremely annoying. If a disaster on the other hand means that your economy must be robust enough that you can endure temporary shutdowns of city sections because nothing there will work until you are thawed out again, that's an interesting challenge.
I think the video had an avalanche effectively freezing part of the city in. Thus, I hope for the latter.

Edit: from the game card it seems to be clear the avalanches are planned as an integral thing you need to manage. Rain will fall, pigeons will crap on your roof, avalanches will tear away parts of the mountain. The challenge seems intended to allow that to happen in a way that does not cause big problems for you. The minimovie in that section shows an avalanche being partially blocked by a (potentially artificial) forest and other parts of the city protected by a wall.
Post edited September 23, 2022 by BitMaster_1980
I'd be damned, a Ruan Jia simulator, looks very promising.
Noice! This one looked quite up my alley since its very first announcement.
Looks interesting and my laptop can run it, wishlisted!
I look forward to this one's release.
I wonder if it's supposed to be Tibet? Some of the buildings look like Buddhist monastery complexes.
Will that soundtrack be a bonus content ?
Looks interesting. I also like sim games to be focused on building and without disasters or combat, although if disasters can be managed that could be ok.

Their website says that they are two developers who started in early 2021. They seem quite good to have that much done already if they aren't faking (and it sounds like they are both longtime game devs so it makes sense that they make good progress) but still there are a lot of things that can go wrong in sim games. So hopefully "soon" won't be all that soon or at least will be early access for a while. I've been eagerly awaiting Indoorlands for quite a while now so the announcement doesn't necessarily mean it won't still be a few years.

Timberborn has been in progress much longer and currently has more developers and still has some stuff that could be improved, although I'm not sure about their relative experience. Still a really nice game and one of my all time favorite sim games already (along with the RCT games and Sim City 3000). I also tried Urbek recently as well that was in development longer, although I'm not sure how many developers or their experience. I'm not as fond of the puzzle thing but it is still a nice game that I recommend for sim game fans (even though the growth mechanics are different it has a better "old sim city feel", partly due to the music and sound effects, than any other sim game I've played). It also feels like some additional work would provide a much nicer experience. Of course, it is hard for indie developers to get the funds to make most stuff work well unless it gets very popular in early access like Timberborn has (and there is always something that could be improved or seem to be improved; I think Stardew Valley might be a case where I liked the earlier versions better, although I'm sure the multiplayer stuff is great for anyone who wants that).

There are several others as well; it is wonderful to see so many nice indie sim games here lately (and the non-indie Two Point Hospital should it ever actually arrive :) ).
Definitely going to pick this up. A Tibetian city builder is something I never realized how much I wanted until now.
Thank you for the upcoming release!
Anasazi DLC when ?
Looks interesting