It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Explosions, romance, and sports - now on Linux!

While everyone’s enjoying their holiday preparations and gift shopping outings, our Product team was busy getting a bunch of Linux installers for Codemasters games up and running to deliver to your loving gamer arms. The titles we’ve got for Linux are 100% functional on Ubuntu 14.04, as well as Mint 17.

The games you can now enjoy on your penguin-tastic platform of choice are:

Cannon Fodder

A title you may remember from the times of Amiga or Sega Genesis gaming, this game will have you guide your squad through various scenarios and encounters, completing objectives and eliminating foes. Be warned, though - it does get quite challenging at later levels!

Cannon Fodder 2

Played the original? Survived? The Codemasters crew wants to finish you off in the sequel. The soldiers of Cannon Fodder have been kidnapped by a squad of aliens. Can you save a foreign world from invasion? Probably not, but give it a go anyway!

Leisure Suit Larry

With a suit that’s been out of style since before it was made and determination to get all the bodacious babes on the block, this classic is a risque point-and-click adventure that fans of dirty humor will enjoy.

Sensible World of Soccer 96/97

Or football, as we call it on this side of the pond. Take a shot at training or playing for your very own team of world-class sportsmen or local underdogs from almost a decade ago. Pixellated stats, exciting stick-figure plays, and one button that covers all your in-game needs. Need we say more?

Still not enough Linux for you? Check out almost 400 other Linux games available in our DRM-free catalog!
great, any windows(10)-free revolution is welcome!
That's cool an all, but there is no reason really for every single DOS game sold here to not be Win/Mac/Linux,since DOSBox runs natively on all three. (And more)
BrandeX: That's cool an all, but there is no reason really for every single DOS game sold here to not be Win/Mac/Linux,since DOSBox runs natively on all three. (And more)
Sure there is... publisher has to allow it for GOG to sell it like that. :P

EDIT: Glad to see more games on Linux though. :)
Post edited December 17, 2015 by BKGaming
GOG.com: Leisure Suit Larry

With a suit that’s been out of style since before it was made and determination to get all the bodacious babes on the block, this classic is a risque point-and-click adventure that fans of dirty humor will enjoy.
Ah, that's why I found in my library a linux version of that text game about which everybody wondered how come they had it in their library after the unbundling, and could run it in my Linux Mint virtual machine! :P (proof -which also means these news are 4 days late at least!)
Anyways, congrats for the new linux versions and I'd also like to ask a favor from you gog - could you please make installers in the deb format as well? (the sh installer took its time just to launch the installer itself...)

P.S. As I mention here, the sole reason for which I ran that game is because I wanted to test how an sh file would launch, and this was the smallest sh file I found in my library -just saying so that I won't be misunderstood or anything...
P.S.2 Well, in retrospect I could have run some other dos game, no idea why I chose this one...
Post edited December 17, 2015 by Treasure
GOG.com: Take a shot at training or playing for your very own team of world-class sportsmen or local underdogs from almost a decade ago.
I think you mean from almost two decades ago. ;)
I need to know something:

Did this red shirt intern survive in the end?
Thanks! Cannon Fodder is a favourite of mine. :)

Already played with dosbox without any problems, but it's always good to also have official support.
Very good to hear :D
Good work GOG !
InkPanther: I need to know something:

What are you talking about?

Also, while I am not Linux user myself yet, it´s nice to see games compatible with more platforms.
InkPanther: I need to know something:

Tarhiel: What are you talking about?
The third name on the first Sensible World of Soccer screenshot.
Good to see Linux getting more supported in games. But is Codemasters going to release more games here at somepoint.
I think we need a "Runs on Linux Just Fine" GOGMix. I keep finding lots of games I didn't know run on Linux that do it just fine.
Give us dirt 3 please! Or at least bring back Colin Mcrea 2005. :)
Post edited December 17, 2015 by JLH
BrandeX: That's cool an all, but there is no reason really for every single DOS game sold here to not be Win/Mac/Linux,since DOSBox runs natively on all three. (And more)
Sure, but what about legal reasons? GOG claims not to have a permission for every single DOS game to rebundle it for Linux.

Tallima: I think we need a "Runs on Linux Just Fine" GOGMix. I keep finding lots of games I didn't know run on Linux that do it just fine.
Most games (+80%) on GOG runs fine on Linux already.
Post edited December 17, 2015 by Woolytoes